Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bojack Horseman on Netflix. I rarely watch anything online, but this animated series grabbed me.

Comment

wow… gettin' old… never heard of this, or its progenitor

IMDB link (with a very high rating)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3398228/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Comment

7 Reasons Why Netflix's BoJack Horseman Is the Funniest Show of the Fall

http://www.tvguide.com/news/netflix-...n-1086697.aspx

Comment

speaking of Netflix, I see that the third season of Lilyhammer just started. Has anybody ever watched any of it?

Comment

If you guys like slow moving suspense, "Top of the Lake" is perfect, directed by Jane Campion (The Piano).
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2103085/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Comment

we had a (very) brief discussion ot Top of The Lake a year and a half back

http://trackandfieldnews.com/discuss...hlight=campion

Comment

"Homeland" has ratcheted up the drama and tension of late. Moving the story to Pakistan and putting Saul in mortal danger has made this series well worth it.....again. Wife and I just signed up for HBO/SHOW instead of waiting for Netflix, so GOThrones got gobbled up. Go Tyrion! Also looking forward to Jax and Gemma's bloody demise.....I hope.
                Last edited by jeremyp; 12-04-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                  "Homeland" has ratcheted up the drama and tension of late. Moving the story to Pakistan and putting Saul in mortal danger has made this series well worth it.....again. Wife and I just signed up for HBO/SHOW instead of waiting for Netflix, so GOThrones got gobbled up. Go Tyrion! Also looking forward to Jax and Gemma's bloody demise.....I hope.
                  one down, one to go.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                    Watch Luther.
                    just did….. wow!

Have loved Idris Elba since his Wire days, but he was outstanding in this one.

I hear it will be back later this year.

Comment

Spent past 24-30 hours binge-watching on the FULL 3rd season of "Masters of Sex".

I own seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, so have seen all those 24 episodes (12 each season--from 2013 and 2014) a few times each!

I googled places to watch the just-completed 3rd season, and found TWO places that showed ALL the episodes of season 3 uncut---FREE!!

Another show I LOVE is "Madam Secretary".
                      I just bought---1 or 2 months ago---the first full season (22 episodes) on DVD from Amazon.
                      I'd bought each of those 22 episodes from Amazon Instant Video for $1.99 each throughout the season---available each Sunday night about 2 hours after they aired live!
                      The 2nd season just began last night, so I bought the first episode from Amazon.
                      AFTER I finished all 12 episodes from "Masters", I THEN watched Madam Sec's 1st episode from season 2.

How's that for binge watching?
                      LOL

Comment

Where do you find the time?? I have not been "employed" for 40 years and I can't keep up with current stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                          Where do you find the time?? I have not been "employed" for 40 years and I can't keep up with current stuff..
                          I have very few things that truly interest me right now.
                          My blog---and most anything to do with T&F.
                          Watching some of the over-700 DVD's I own.
                          Listening to my 200+ CD's.
                          Reading.

Sorry to admit I don't socialize, haven't had a girlfriend for a few years, so my time is my own!
                          I'm physically limited health-wise, so don't travel anymore!

And THAT is how I'm able to binge-watch full seasons of TV shows I love---or watch 3-6 movies in 1 day if I want----or read "Fast Girl" in one day---if I want!

Since my blog doesn't do much with XC, I'm pretty much on "vacation" from blogging until INdoors rolls around!

But those shows----Masters of Sex and Madam Secretary---are GREAT shows!

Comment

I also like Madame Secretary..and Survivor, Amazing Race and seems like something on TV every night...
                            Aside from TV, two grandson's soccer games, tending to dependents, being officially Treasurer and de facto benevolent dictator of my homeowners association, OkSt activities, tending to remnants of my oil business and other "self-unemployed" business ventures, etc, etc seems to keep me busier than when I had a job.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              seems to keep me busier than when I had a job.
                              Same here!
                              With a job, your time is structured!
                              Now, it's not, so I try to cram as much as possible into every single day, only stopping to eat & sleep!!
                              LOL

Comment

Which raises the question, "Why bother?"

I am not possibly going to do/learn everything. So, why do I keep cramming stuff into an already overloaded brain that is leaking memories as fast as I add them and a deteriorating body losing the ability to cash the checks my brain is writing?

Comment

Working...
                                X