X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The new Jack Reacher series dropped Friday on Prime Video, starring a clone of John Cena. Despite his limited 'range', the lead fits the part much better at 6'5, 240 lbs. At times he's a blunt instrument, but he also has Sherlock's observational skills, so it's a good watch - we're halfway thru the 8 episodes and the body count is mounting.
    Came here to mention this series!

Through episode 7. Dude hasn't lifted a weight yet and eats every other day but looks like Arnold. 🤔

Fun watch, though. Could do without gratuitous nudity but the characters are fun and even a couple are interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    The new Jack Reacher series dropped Friday on Prime Video, starring a clone of John Cena. Despite his limited 'range', the lead fits the part much better at 6'5, 240 lbs. At times he's a blunt instrument, but he also has Sherlock's observational skills, so it's a good watch - we're halfway thru the 8 episodes and the body count is mounting.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Just finished Rachel Boyton's CIvil War documentary that had been sitting on my DVR since October. (I guess you can watch it on Peacock.) Boynton interviewed many people from many different angles, and it is a fascinating collection of viewpoints.

Civil War – Director Rachel Boynton | Film School Radio hosted by Mike Kaspar

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

i was originally. debating how much of 3 I should rewatch before starting on 4.. I finally decided that the correct answer was "d, all the above."

So I've started over on season 1: well worth it! I had forgotten how slam-bang great it was from the get-go.
    We went with 3/8. I remembered 25% of it. For spoiler reasons I won't go into Laura Linney's "difficult" decision.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    I have been having the same conversation with the wife. We may compromise and just watch those episodes that we forgot about.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Ozark part 4 starts Jan 21 on Netflix.
    i was originally. debating how much of 3 I should rewatch before starting on 4.. I finally decided that the correct answer was "d, all the above."

So I've started over on season 1: well worth it! I had forgotten how slam-bang great it was from the get-go.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Stumbled across Archive81 on Netflix. A limited series, but interesting. By Episode 5 I was getting an old school Rosemary's Baby vibe.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

decisions, decisions! How much of 3 do I binge before cranking on 4?
    Ditto!. My wife and I watched an episode of a British Detective series called "Vera." It's up to season 11. We've seen all of them. I inadvertently started Season 1 episode 1 and kept remarking about how young the main character (Brenda Blethyn) looked, and how her partner seemed different. At about 45 minutes we got the Kaching moment. Being old ain't for sissies.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    My wife is home sick so on Prime I saw that they have Sanford and Son...and we took the dive. 8 episodes in:

Wow!!! I hadn't seen this since I was a kid. Oh, man, it's so funny and Redd Foxx is an absolute genius. I couldn't believe he's only 49 during the first season!

I saw a review describing Lamont as "long-suffering." So true.

Seeing it through adult eyes gives me a whole new appreciation. It's also reminding me of Seinfeld in this regard: so many future stars of other movies or shows keep popping up in episodes. It was such a great showcase for underserved black and Hispanic actors of the 70s.

Also refreshing is how certain topics are handled head-on instead of being tiptoed around or ignored outright.

A. Ester and Grady haven't showed up yet, and I eagerly anticipate that. I have great, now 40+ year old memories of their interactions with Fred.

I remember as a kid thinking how cool Lamont was with his 70s clothes, hair, mustache and his ladies. He still holds up pretty well, although now I can see how at times he was bumbling and or thwarted by Fred.

Best part is I haven't heard my wife laugh out loud at a sitcom like this in years.

Also that's got to be a top-3 theme song. Such great use of bass,organ, harmonica. Quincy Jones.
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 01-22-2022, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Just finished binge watching IRIS, a 20 episode Korean secret service series.
    Is this it? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1757202/

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Just finished binge watching IRIS, a 20 episode Korean secret service series. Madly in love with the main female operatives.

To show how unbiased Ian, one North Korean, the other South Korean.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
    Looking forward to the new episodes of Justified.
    Currently RE-bingeing!

Leave a comment:

• KDFINE
    replied
    Looking forward to the new episodes of Justified.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Jane Campion dissects a five minute scene of the movie. It shows all the unconscious, barely seen nuances of a movie, which critics love but which escape the average viewer.
    Given the nature of the interpersonal dynamics of the story, and the film-making itself, I'd guess that almost all of the target audience missed very little of the 'nuance' (which was pretty heavy-handed in that scene).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X