Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't mind violence, and I mean extreme but inventive violence, Gangs of London on AMC+ is a great show. It's also available for rent on Amazon Prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
      I just discovered the third episode of "My Grandfather's War" on PBS. Anyone know which streaming service I might be able to find the first two episodes on?
      There's a phone app called JustWatch. It'll tell you on which service a movie or series is streaming for free or for rent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post

There's a phone app called JustWatch. It'll tell you on which service a movie or series is streaming for free or for rent.
        PBS has one through Amazon.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          given that my mother had a notable English accent, I always thought I had no problem, but when they moved Jane Tennison north from London and surrounded her with a bunch of Mancunian blokes the subtitling definitely came on!
          English accents come in all shapes and sizes. What makes it worse for me is poor hearing. Have to rely on captions. I was talking to a local waitress from Liverpool yesterday and understood her perfectly, without hearing aids.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
            English accents come in all shapes and sizes.
            The only time I've had a problem in the USofA was at a truck-stop in Northern Mississippi. The waitress had a twang AND a drawl and I had to watch her lips to figure it out (not that I'm a lip-reader, but it help)s.
            My Panhandle Floridian wife scolded me when I remarked upon it and said she had no trouble whatsoever!
            She, on the other hand, struggled with the Bronx accent, which was clear to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post

also accessible at justwatch.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

PBS has one through Amazon.
                Found the show. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• Your bingeing options may just have changed drastically: Amazon bought MGM (for a mere $8.45B (yes, B)

Comment

Your bingeing options may just have changed drastically: Amazon bought MGM (for a mere $8.45B (yes, B)
                    Which includes the show.....The Apprentice...

Anyways should be interesting for Prime viewers...

Comment

• the big catch may be the Bond franchise

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        Which includes the show.....The Apprentice...Anyways should be interesting for Prime viewers...
                        Includes the outtakes of the host talking 'off the record'. Bezos is no fan of the host, so THAT is the interesting part.

Comment

the big catch may be the Bond franchise
                          That is what I thought...

Comment

• The Financial Times...

The only MGM asset that is viewed as a bona fide jewel for the years to come is the James Bond franchise, which the company co-owns with the Wilson/ Broccoli family through a separate vehicle. That means that for any future Bond projects, Amazon will be reliant on producers Barbara Broccoli and her half-brother Michael Wilson to approve it.

“Barbara and Michael are the ones who decide when they want to make movies. For a long time, the hedge fund guys at MGM have tried to turn James Bond into a TV series that could rival Games of Thrones and the two have been vehemently against that,” said a person who knows Broccoli and Wilson.

“They are very sensitive about the franchise. So all MGM has is that when Barbara and Michael decide to make a Bond movie, they [MGM] get the right to finance and distribute the movie. But the real decision-making about Bond, the creative stuff, is with Barbara and Michael,” the person added.

Comment

• In all, Morgan Stanley analysts estimate, Amazon will get its hands on about 4,000 films and 17,000 TV episodes. It will also gain cable TV channels Epix and MGM HD — all outlets with which Amazon can build its booming advertising business, now worth about $20bn a year.

Comment

• We just finished The Durrells in Corfu. It was a delightful pre WWII story.

Comment

Working...
                                X