• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Did any of you watch LuLaRich? I'm in it
    Where can we find it?

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
      Did any of you watch LuLaRich? I'm in it
      I had not heard about this company. Before you were investigating, had you been a consultant/seller?

I'm sure the board at USATF is glad that you have had something else to distract you from their governance issues.

Comment

• LuLaRich is on Amazon Prime, it is four ~45 minute episodes. I am very briefly in the first episode, and then much more in episodes 3 and 4.

I was never a consultant, I have been reporting on LuLaRoe's legal battles and more since 2016, mostly in the Defective Facebook group that is mentioned in the documentary, I also would work behind the scenes with reporters, lawyers, the AG's office, etc.

Comment

• Check out "The Guilty" on Netflix. Movie, not a binge. American remake of a great Danish movie. Interesting twist. Jake does overact a tad.

Comment

• I read that the Korean series Squid Game is the planet's leading tv series on Netflix. My kids and grandkids are all hooked.

I watched for 30 minutes before turning it off. Did nothing for me.

Comment

• Wasn't a binge watch, but rather a "binge" read & watch!
              I have the DVD of the 1958 movie "On the Beach", but hadn't watched it for many years!

Also owned the book--bought many years ago--but had never read it!

So I decided to finally read it, and did!
              I was mesmerized by it.
              So much so, I knew I had to watch the movie, to compare them!

So as soon as I ended the book, I watched the movie.
              A few diferencess, but minor ones.
              Same grim story of a group of people in Australia waiting to die of radiation poisoning after a big nuclear war in the northern hemisphere!
              While the radiation heads south, the people live out their lives, some ignoring their inevitable death, some partying, some involved in investigating the effects of the war by submarining north to see the damage firsthand.

Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner, and Fred Astaire star.
              Also Tony Perkins, just a year or two before he plays Norman Bates in Psycho!!

An excellent book AND movie, but be prepared to not be able to sleep for awhile!
              Last edited by aaronk; 10-11-2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                I read that the Korean series Squid Game is the planet's leading tv series on Netflix. My kids and grandkids are all hooked.

I watched for 30 minutes before turning it off. Did nothing for me.
                O.K. Old man

Comment

• Here's a binge-worthy series if you liked Tom Selleck in Magnum PI or currently in Blue Bloods.

He made a series of made-for-TV movies over a 10-year span about an alcoholic cop, Jesse Stone, fired from the LAPD, who moved to a seacoast town in Massachusetts to be its over-qualified police chief. His wife had cheated on him, leading to being drunk on duty and him being shown the door.

It's an acquired taste because of the brooding, melancholy cinematography, soundtrack and dialog (Tom Selleck had a hand in its writing). As in Justified, where everyone talks the same eccentric way, this series consists of a lot of 2-word sentences and repeated motifs, both in story, sub-plots and dialog. My wife had seen them whey came out in 2005-2015, but enjoyed the bingeing.

The odd thing to me is that it is very much one-arc, like a weekly series, but the movies came out a year part, each one picking up right where the previous one ended, often in mid-scene. I would have HATED seeing them that infrequently, but it makes for the perfect binge-fest, one movie a night spread out a week-and-a-half.

We had to pay $3.99 per movie on Amazon Prime Video, but even miserly me thought it a bargain.

Wiki's take: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Stone_(character)

Hollywood dope is that Selleck is currently working on one last one for 2023.

Comment

• I watched the Selleck/Jesse Stone tv show in the original. I must have enjoyed it but I don't remember the specifics enough to binge it.

Comment

• Just started season 3 of Succession...superb....

Comment

• If you'd like an education about how life is for a single mother with a child, with no skills, to survive in this country watch Netflix's series "The Maid." Based somewhat on a best selling book. It explores the bureaucracy maze low income people have to face to receive government benefits, but more broadly looks at an environment with a crazy, destructive family structure, and the rare success of escaping it. In spite of having a best selling book the main character was $50,000 in debt from college tuition loans in 2019. Hopefully this series changes that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                          If you'd like an education about how life is for a single mother with a child, with no skills, to survive in this country watch Netflix's series "The Maid."
                          Thanks for the tip.

mrs. hammy and I are currently watching the Dopestick miniseries on Hulu about Oxycontin & the Sackashit family, staring one of my favorites, Michael Keaton. Very well done . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                            If you'd like an education about how life is for a single mother with a child, with no skills, to survive in this country watch Netflix's series "The Maid."
                            "Maid" (2021), to be exact. A nitpick, but an important one because there are multiple other movies and shows titled "The Maid" including one from 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Thanks for the tip.

mrs. hammy and I are currently watching the Dopestick miniseries on Hulu about Oxycontin & the Sackashit family, staring one of my favorites, Michael Keaton. Very well done . . .
                              Yeah a good show. They do a good job of showing how our governmental organizations and actors had their heads up Purdue's rear end. Too bad it's now weekly.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

"Maid" (2021), to be exact. A nitpick, but an important one because there are multiple other movies and shows titled "The Maid" including one from 2020.
                                Yup I stand corrected. As a side note we have a "Cleaning Lady."

Comment

Working...
                                X