Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chicago View Post

Terrific movie which I've watched countless times.
    Yes great film...

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      what's the difference between reading a book (or watching a movie) multiple times and listening to your favorite piece of music over and over?
      I think it is just a case of "different strokes for different folks". .and I don't want to hear the same song/music repeatedly.,

Comment

what's the difference between reading a book (or watching a movie) multiple times and listening to your favorite piece of music over and over?
        I don't know any books that last four minutes?

With mysteries and thrillers, it would be kind of pointless and anticlimactic to me to reread them when I already know the endings.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
          If you'd like an education about how life is for a single mother with a child, with no skills, to survive in this country watch Netflix's series "The Maid." Based somewhat on a best selling book. It explores the bureaucracy maze low income people have to face to receive government benefits, but more broadly looks at an environment with a crazy, destructive family structure, and the rare success of escaping it. In spite of having a best selling book the main character was $50,000 in debt from college tuition loans in 2019. Hopefully this series changes that.
          I really enjoyed this!

Comment

• Been binge-watching short horror movies on YouTube for October. Never knew such great stuff existed! Most do more in 7-20 minutes than full length studio films.

Alter's stuff has been getting most of my views.
            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• In preparation for watching the Hanna series, I watched the Hanna movie yesterday. I wish they named the series "Hanna and her Sisters", and made it about Hanna and some other girls just like her who escaped from that organization and teamed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                In preparation for watching the Hanna series, I watched the Hanna movie yesterday. I wish they named the series "Hanna and her Sisters", and made it about Hanna and some other girls just like her who escaped from that organization and teamed up.
                one of my favorite movies

Comment

• He's back!!!!

Beloved serial killer Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) is back to slay another day with the arrival of Showtime’s 10-episode miniseries, “Dexter: New Blood.”

The sequel, which premieres Sunday, is set 10 years after the last episode of the original series, “Dexter” — one of the most popular cable dramas of the 2000s despite its notoriously disappointing, eighth-season finale. Now we find Dexter in his new life, using the assumed identity of James Lindsay, resident of the sleepy, snowbound Iron Lake, N.Y. “Jim” is a clerk at Fred’s Fish and Game store where they sell big guns and knives. Unremarkably, he’s the go-to expert on all matter of weaponry. Remarkably, he hasn’t killed anyone in a decade. But for the sake of this new series, that’s about to change …

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-serial-killer

Anybody notice anything interesting about his pseudonym?

Comment

• I went through several episodes of Narcos Mexico season three last night. It seems like less plot and more violence than previous seasons. I’m still enjoying it, but less so than prior years.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

I really enjoyed this!
                      You might find this interview with McDowell interesting

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/08/10533...macdowell-maid

Or the more expansive transcript.
                      Last edited by jeremyp; 11-08-2021, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Nordic Noir and Netflix.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Quicksand.html

Comment

I'm a binge watcher (movies & TV shows) and binge listener (CD's & single songs).
                          But NOT a binge reader!
                          (Or should I say not a REPEAT reader!
                          Why?

A song takes 3 to 5 minutes (with some exceptions).
                          You can play a 5 minute song 12 times in one hour if you want!

A CD takes between 40 and 70 minutes.

Movies take from 90 to 150 minutes, with exceptions!

But (for me), a 350 page novel takes me 10 hours to read, based on size and density of print, amount of dialogue, and white space!

Recently, I saw a movie called "One Last Thing" (Wendell Pierce & Jurnee Smollett-Bell).
                          GREAT movie, so I watched it 6 or 7 times in a few days.
                          LOVED it every time!

But when I told my caregiver about it, she shook her head---in a friendly way!
                          LOL

So I asked her what her favorite food is, and how often she ate it.
                          She said fried chicken and 3 times a week!

So I asked her what's the difference between eating a FOOD you love 3 times a week, and watching a MOVIE (or klistening to a CD) you love 3 times in a week?

GOTCHA!!
                          LOL

Comment

• Not exactly “binge watching”, but I’ve been watching more episodes of “Endeavour”on PBS. For those who haven’t seen it, it’s a police detective series set in Oxford, and there is often stunning scenery.
                            One actor, Anton Lesser, plays Chief Superintendent Reginald Bright and, for me, at least, resembles the great Mihaly Igloi— until he speaks with an English accent or lights up a cigarette!
                            Last edited by Django; 11-12-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• It's a great series....

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                It's a great series....
                                Not as good as Morse. Hard to see any similarities between them.

Comment

Working...
                                X