Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Ozark part 4 starts Jan 21 on Netflix.
    i was originally. debating how much of 3 I should rewatch before starting on 4.. I finally decided that the correct answer was "d, all the above."

So I've started over on season 1: well worth it! I had forgotten how slam-bang great it was from the get-go.

Comment

• I have been having the same conversation with the wife. We may compromise and just watch those episodes that we forgot about.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

i was originally. debating how much of 3 I should rewatch before starting on 4.. I finally decided that the correct answer was "d, all the above."

So I've started over on season 1: well worth it! I had forgotten how slam-bang great it was from the get-go.
        We went with 3/8. I remembered 25% of it. For spoiler reasons I won't go into Laura Linney's "difficult" decision.

Comment

• Just finished Rachel Boyton's CIvil War documentary that had been sitting on my DVR since October. (I guess you can watch it on Peacock.) Boynton interviewed many people from many different angles, and it is a fascinating collection of viewpoints.

Civil War – Director Rachel Boynton | Film School Radio hosted by Mike Kaspar

Comment

• The new Jack Reacher series dropped Friday on Prime Video, starring a clone of John Cena. Despite his limited 'range', the lead fits the part much better at 6'5, 240 lbs. At times he's a blunt instrument, but he also has Sherlock's observational skills, so it's a good watch - we're halfway thru the 8 episodes and the body count is mounting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              The new Jack Reacher series dropped Friday on Prime Video, starring a clone of John Cena. Despite his limited 'range', the lead fits the part much better at 6'5, 240 lbs. At times he's a blunt instrument, but he also has Sherlock's observational skills, so it's a good watch - we're halfway thru the 8 episodes and the body count is mounting.
              Came here to mention this series!

Through episode 7. Dude hasn't lifted a weight yet and eats every other day but looks like Arnold. 🤔

Fun watch, though. Could do without gratuitous nudity but the characters are fun and even a couple are interesting.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• I gave up watching "Ozark" becase I don't care what happens to any of the characters. My wife is still watching it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                  Could do without gratuitous nudity
                  Gratuitous?! That shower scene was absolutely essential to plot and character development . . .
                  It's tough to find a 'cable/streaming' show that doesn't throw that in somewhere. Even my new fave, 1883, had it.

Comment

• after a couple of weeks of watching 2-3 hours of Ozark every night I'm starting to develop a Ruth Langmore twang.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      after a couple of weeks of watching 2-3 hours of Ozark every night I'm starting to develop a Ruth Langmore twang.
                      My Daughter was upset that the death of SPOILER ALERT the characater whose initial is D was so anticlimactic. She thought that it should have included nails being pulled out, or acid in the face.

Julia Garner is now a Russian in "Inventing Anna" on Netflix. Different accent but no hiding that voice. She's actually from New York.

Comment

Gratuitous?! That shower scene was absolutely essential to plot and character development . . .
                        It's tough to find a 'cable/streaming' show that doesn't throw that in somewhere. Even my new fave, 1883, had it.
                        Nudity scenes are indispensable. As an Oxygenarian I need all the stimulation I can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                          As an Oxygenarian I need all the stimulation I can get.
                          I'm totally stealing that line.

Comment

• Horny whippersnappers. Wait until you are a nonagenarian to complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              Horny whippersnappers. Wait until you are a nonagenarian to complain.
                              My 88 year old friend says: "It's better than the alternative."

Comment

The new Jack Reacher series dropped Friday on Prime Video, starring a clone of John Cena. Despite his limited 'range', the lead fits the part much better at 6'5, 240 lbs. At times he's a blunt instrument, but he also has Sherlock's observational skills, so it's a good watch - we're halfway thru the 8 episodes and the body count is mounting.
                                He reminds me of Buzz Lightyear.

Comment

Working...
                                X