Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• be careful about Netflix bingeing is the lesson of the day.

The complete Rescue Me went away as of today (after I was 3 seasons of 7 in)

Comment

• youtube has a very addicting track and field tv show called Top Sprinter Genesis. It's an American Idol type show where Nigerian runners try out for Deji Alieu, Francis Obikwelu, and another famous sprinter to try to make Nigeria's top track club and prepare for the World Juniors and Olympics.
      Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
        be careful about Netflix bingeing is the lesson of the day.

The complete Rescue Me went away as of today (after I was 3 seasons of 7 in)
        Bingeing is a commitment. Also, there are usually articles mid-month or so warning about what shows are being pulled from Netflix.

Comment

If you're of a mood to be depressed and/or befuddled, allow me to suggest the 6-part Netflix Brit detective offering River, starring Stellan SkarsgÄrd.

wow.
          Really liked this. Many good characters. Hope they do a second season.

Comment

• Just started Nurse Jackie. Love it!

Comment

Just started Nurse Jackie. Love it!
              We lasted 3 seasons. The on/off drug thing palled it as did her basically quasi sociopathic personality. Also my daughter and mother are/were nurses. Had to respect the profession.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                We lasted 3 seasons. The on/off drug thing palled it as did her basically quasi sociopathic personality. Also my daughter and mother are/were nurses. Had to respect the profession.
                From what I've read but not experienced her on/off addiction is realistic for many. It becomes a problem for viewers who desire heroes to be heroic. Even moreso now that we're overrun with comic book stories. She is a good nurse and a flawed human being. I'd want her to take of me in the hospital but not to live with her.

Comment

• Speaking of heroic heroes, I'm also having a good time with the new Jessica Jones on Netflix. Another Marvel takeoff, but since it has no silly costumes, I can take it. (much as I love comic books, film adaptations leave me cold)

Comment

Speaking of heroic heroes, I'm also having a good time with the new Jessica Jones on Netflix. Another Marvel takeoff, but since it has no silly costumes, I can take it. (much as I love comic books, film adaptations leave me cold)
                    I like Jessica Jones, too. It's not a binge, more a steady watch.

Comment

• yeah, there's 3 levels of compulsive watching: BINGING, Binging & binging. I have JJ in the third of those.

Comment

yeah, there's 3 levels of compulsive watching: BINGING, Binging & binging. I have JJ in the third of those.
                        Making a murderer was BINGING.

Comment

• one thing Nurse Jackie has going for it in my household is the half-hour nature of the episodes: nice to have something to fit into a tighter window when nearly every hour of your day is already spoken for

Comment

• Season 4 of House of Cards available Friday. woo-hoo! (even if it has gone downhill a bit)

Comment

• Bosch2 starts on Amazon this Friday. Quite a good private dick show. Hmm wonder if this post will be censored?

Comment

Season 4 of House of Cards available Friday. woo-hoo! (even if it has gone downhill a bit)
                                I come to it with less energy. I assume I'll start watching but it wouldn't shock me if I'm one and done. Now if Better Call Saul was bingeable...

Comment

Working...
                                X