X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: it was 50 years ago today...

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by kuha
    we are left simply with a band of unparalleled talent and influence.
    and yet, watching it last night, the scenes of girls screaming and fainting, what was that? Is there some psycho-sexual subliminal rhythm or message in the music??!! :?: :?: :?:
    Why did you edit out "Whatever hype there may have been…"? There WAS hype and there was "irrational exuberance." R&R does connect with the non-rational parts of the gray matter; that's a very large part of its appeal, after all.

Comment

and yet, watching it last night, the scenes of girls screaming and fainting, what was that? Is there some psycho-sexual subliminal rhythm or message in the music??!! :?: :?:
      Why did you edit out "Whatever hype there may have been…"? There WAS hype and there was "irrational exuberance." R&R does connect with the non-rational parts of the gray matter; that's a very large part of its appeal, after all.
      This phenomenon of "irrational exuberance" extends and precedes R&R. I remember as a teenager, Gérard Philipe, a heartthrob of Europe at that time visited my hometown in performance of El Cid. Women (and not only the teenagers) screamed and fainted, trying to rip a shirt off his back 8-) .
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Late last night (inspired by this thread) I lite a few candles/incense and put on my headphones, time for Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. Yep, I went back in time.

"She's Leaving Home" not one of their more revered tunes, why??????????

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol
          The special on CBS tonight is great, and I've never really been a huge fan of the Beatles. Stevie Wonder was the best -- not surprising. Katy Perry, John Legend and Brad Paisley should have stayed home. But everybody else was great.
          You're doing some performance splitting here.

John Legend was with Alicia Keys on "Let It Be"

Brad Paisley was with Pharrell on "Here Comes the Sun".

Did you not like both? I didn't like the first and liked the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
            and yet, watching it last night, the scenes of girls screaming and fainting, what was that? Is there some psycho-sexual subliminal rhythm or message in the music??!! :?: :?:
            This phenomenon of "irrational exuberance" extends and precedes R&R. ….
            Yes, when the Beatle screamfests started up my mother said it was just an imitation of Frank Sinatra teenyboppers in the early '40s.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              Originally posted by Pego
              This phenomenon of "irrational exuberance" extends and precedes R&R. ….
              Yes, when the Beatle screamfests started up my mother said it was just an imitation of Frank Sinatra teenyboppers in the early '40s.
              And my mother claimed it was a return to the Rudy Vallee flappers of the late '20s and '30s.

Comment

God knows what the angst-driven teenage girls of Leipzig were doing when J.S. Bach hit town in the 1720's!

Comment

You thought the Beatles had hair?

Bach had wigs!

Comment

Working...
                  X