• Show
Clear All

• RIP: Shirley Temple Black

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/arts/ ... at-85.html

Re: RIP: Shirley Temple Black

Thats too bad.

Who can forget?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCFYpWDmfM

Robinson once holding the 100m/yd? WR for running backwards.

Comment

Finally I can say that a famous entertainer died who was BEFORE MY TIME! O.K., O.k., when I was young I saw her in a Cary Grant movie when she was a teen. She had $3 million when she was a teen and her father invested it down to $44,000. Still she had a second career as a diplomat and I still love to watch her do "Animal Crackers."

Comment

My first memory of Shirley Temple (forget the Black) was when I was 4 or 5, watching her sing "Baby, Ya Gotta Eat Your Spinach" from Poor Little Rich Girl.

Oh, I hasten to add this was when it was playing the Saturday matinee circuit, many years after original release!

Comment

Talk about the original "America's Sweetheart"!

Comment

Never seen one of her movies in its entirety, but I remember being impressed a while back when I read her bio for the first time, mostly the fact that she got her shit together after her parents almost ruined her to become an accomplished stateswoman.

Comment

By the time she really hit my radar she was already UN ambassador and was living locally enough to get written up in Herb Caen on a regular basis. I mean I knew of her kid career when I was a kid (thanks particularly to the drink) but never watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                Talk about the original "America's Sweetheart"!
                Every time I watch one of her films Im amazed at how great an actor she was at such a young age. The color and fullness of her roles. She really did make those films work. Her personality filled the screen. My heart breaks at the news. She was a true giant.

Comment

Working...
                X