Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jack is back!

Originally posted by Marlow
    There are so many credibility gaps in this series that it's hard not see this whole series as just a video game adventure.

1. He has SAVED THE WORLD at least 8 times (8 seasons) and yet at the beginning of each new season he is a rogue agent whose motives are suspect. In reality, he'd be the most recognized person in the world and the most celebrated.
    2. He receives mortal wounds that are mysteriously healed in LESS THAN ONE DAY.
    3. He never eats, goes to the bathroom, or sleeps.
    4. His computer/PDA/iPhone always loads in seconds, no matter how big the file or how remote his location.
    5. People shooting automatic weapons right at him always miss, despite hitting everything all around him. He rarely missed with his single shot handgun.
    6. Chloe and Kim are whiny B-yotchs (not so much an incongruity as supremely annoying)
    7. Everyone in the government is a cold-blooded murdering traitor.

I'm sure there are many more, so WHY am I so hooked on this dreck??!! :wink:
    Remember the Mitch (my grandson at age 8) rule: "It's the movies and they can do what they like."

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      Serbian mob for whom Jack has apparently been snuffing people.
      Or so we're been led to believe (by his arm tattoos). Of course there's much more to it than that!
      The series is so predictable in its "nothing is what it seems to be".
      It was absurdly obvious that when Jack did not take the roof exit it meant he set this all up to be captured and taken to 'Special Activities'. When we learn Chloe is there, it's also obvious he's not there to just bust her out, there has to be a world CRISIS about to happen that only Jack can prevent. How many bad-guy-disguised-as-good-guy plotlines this season? Lots!
      And when the bad hacker insisted on putting up with his very dumb sounding east European blond, and telling her of all his deeds and plans, we knew she couldn't be a dumb blond along for the ride. The fun I have with 24 is yelling at the TV. It's great RUFKM! stuff.

Comment

Dexter fans, of course, are reveling in the "coincidence?" that Yvonne Strahovski (aka Hannah McKay) plays Agent Morgan.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Dexter fans, of course, are reveling in the "coincidence?" that Yvonne Strahovski (aka Hannah McKay) plays Agent Morgan.
          She was also in Chuck and Chuck's best friend was, wait for it, it's going to be legen.....dary, MORGAN.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
            [And when the bad hacker insisted on putting up with his very dumb sounding east European blond, and telling her of all his deeds and plans, we knew she couldn't be a dumb blond along for the ride. .
            I think the true motive/identity of the horny blonde was the only quirky thing I predicted in this whole garbled mishmash. .not that I have that much exerience with duplicitious horny blondes.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              [And when the bad hacker insisted on putting up with his very dumb sounding east European blond, and telling her of all his deeds and plans, we knew she couldn't be a dumb blond along for the ride. .
              I think the true motive/identity of the horny blonde was the only quirky thing I predicted in this whole garbled mishmash. .not that I have that much exerience with duplicitious horny blondes.
              I have. Keep we'll clear of them.

Comment

not that I have that much exerience with duplicitious horny blondes.
                I have.
                Some people have ALL the luck! :wink:

Comment

No arguing with Marlow's list of ridiculous elements built into 24, although they also apply to almost every TV show. But he left out the one most fantastic part that I look for in every episode: the scene when Jack suddenly, inexplicably has his bag of tricks with guns, explosive and God knows what all, suddenly appears from out of no where slung over his shoulder.

Comment

I have. Keep we'll clear of them.
                    So you've met Barney Stinson?

Comment

I left my disbelief at the front door for this one but it' s getting pretty difficult to not reach for the gag button this on this series. It's unusually badly written and it's so predictable that I've developed a Chloe face of RUFKM! Drones that can be seen on radar, then not, and can evade a fighter, so don't even deploy them, and send out a CIA spec ops team into the good old UK countryside without so much as a by your leave to the locals? Jack has every right to look dour.

Comment

Jack has every right to look dour.
                        I do believe his scowl has frozen onto his face, like your mother warned you about.
                        Between the scowl, his whispering of lines, his ability to take mortal wounds, his lack of need for nourishment, sleep or nature's call, he is just a character in a video game now. :roll:

Comment

Jack has every right to look dour.
                          I do believe his scowl has frozen onto his face, like your mother warned you about.
                          Between the scowl, his whispering of lines, his ability to take mortal wounds, his lack of need for nourishment, sleep or nature's call, he is just a character in a video game now. :roll:
                          Just a snarky side note: I wonder if he and Bratt share notes about Julia? Enquiring minds...

Comment

Holy Shit!!!!
                            Jack just chucked the lady villain out a high rise window!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                              Holy Shit!!!!
                              Jack just chucked the lady villain out a high rise window!!!
                              My wife and I both were picking our jaws up off the floor. Dang!
                              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Well it beats dragging her ass back to the USA and having arguments about whether to try her in New York or Guantanamo. This actress doesn't seem to go out quietly, what with her end in Game Of Thrones. O.K. Chapter 1 is over, now for Chapter deux. Will Chloe save the world again? Will she do it from a pub again? Will Jack get the OBE? As I told my wife (who was British): "Looks like the Yanks had to save your sorry asses again." What's a bloody git?

Comment

Working...
                                X