Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack is back!

Kiefer Sutherland returns on monday in "24." It's only 12 episodes so the rush to get it all done in one day may get hectic, although I read they'll skip some hours. Good news for me and that is Chloe is back as well, my favorite quirky character, looking like Lizbeth Salander from "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." It's also in London, my old home town, so I'm sure we'll get lots of Brits. It was a ground breaker in it's day but will it be able to get modern?

Re: Jack is back!

I came to " 24 " late but got as hooked as everyone else..eagerly awaiting the renewal..
    Doesn't seem like four years.. whatever happened to Freckles?

Comment

Freckles has shown up a number of other TV series over the years.
      I don't remember if she is supposed to be alive or croaked in 24...

Comment

Looking forward to William Devane as the Prez. Remember when he played JFK in a Cuba Crisis TV flick, plus he was good in " Marathon Man" as the double dealing brother to Dustin Hoffman. ( Off the subject, but my favorite movie line is: " Is it safe ? " )

Comment

My earliest memory of William Devane is as a cocky HS jock in a long forgotten B/W movie.I think it was track from his uniform but I don't recall any track segments in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
            I came to " 24 " late but got as hooked as everyone else..eagerly awaiting the renewal..
            Doesn't seem like four years.. whatever happened to Freckles?
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renee_Walker

Comment

My earliest memory of William Devane is as a cocky HS jock in a long forgotten B/W movie.I think it was track from his uniform but I don't recall any track segments in the movie.
              Must have had a brain fart... wiki does not support my memory. Devane is only 76.. his first film credit is 1970-71, which would make him 33 years old at the time....dunno who I am remembering ...maybe he had a different name then :?

Comment

A high school jock? OMG wolf you're ancient. Oops, just read previous post......you're still ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                  A high school jock? OMG wolf you're ancient. Oops, just read previous post......you're still ancient.
                  Ancient???? I like to think of myself as late middle aged....assuming I live to be 166..

Comment

decisions, decisions!

Do i really need to watch the final episode from 4 years ago before cranking up again tonite?

Comment

OK, I'm a big Jack fan, and I'll watch this to the bitter end, but this plot is even sillier than the past ones. Chloe in a Goth look . . . puh-leeeeez. All I ask is that Kim doesn't show up.

Comment

Yep, I had forgotten the wind up from four years ago and am still trying to sort out who is who.
                        Who is Jack's sole accomplice?
                        And, who is Chloe hanging with and what is with the Salander look?
                        I dunno, maybe you can't go home again. :?

Comment

There are so many credibility gaps in this series that it's hard not see this whole series as just a video game adventure.

1. He has SAVED THE WORLD at least 8 times (8 seasons) and yet at the beginning of each new season he is a rogue agent whose motives are suspect. In reality, he'd be the most recognized person in the world and the most celebrated.
                          2. He receives mortal wounds that are mysteriously healed in LESS THAN ONE DAY.
                          3. He never eats, goes to the bathroom, or sleeps.
                          4. His computer/PDA/iPhone always loads in seconds, no matter how big the file or how remote his location.
                          5. People shooting automatic weapons right at him always miss, despite hitting everything all around him. He rarely missed with his single shot handgun.
                          6. Chloe and Kim are whiny B-yotchs (not so much an incongruity as supremely annoying)
                          7. Everyone in the government is a cold-blooded murdering traitor.

I'm sure there are many more, so WHY am I so hooked on this dreck??!! :wink:

Comment

…..
                            Who is Jack's sole accomplice?….
                            I took him to be a member of the Serbian mob for whom Jack has apparently been snuffing people.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Serbian mob for whom Jack has apparently been snuffing people.
                              Or so we're been led to believe (by his arm tattoos). Of course there's much more to it than that!
                              The series is so predictable in its "nothing is what it seems to be".
                              It was absurdly obvious that when Jack did not take the roof exit it meant he set this all up to be captured and taken to 'Special Activities'. When we learn Chloe is there, it's also obvious he's not there to just bust her out, there has to be a world CRISIS about to happen that only Jack can prevent. How many bad-guy-disguised-as-good-guy plotlines this season? Lots!

Comment

Working...
                              X