Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL?

Tell me again why nobody here cares about pro football?

Dunno about nobody but for me if I am not "emotionally" involved or do not have a connection with either a team, college, specific player or a really big game, I just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon View Post
      I watch and follow it, even play fantasy and prediction pools.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Over-exposure. It's bloated and too self-important. I'll go to a Jaguars game and follow the big stories. College football is a lot more interesting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Dunno about nobody but for me if I am not "emotionally" involved or do not have a connection with either a team, college, specific player or a really big game, I just don't care.
          So the action and the fact the game has some of the greatest athletes walking the planet doesn't interest you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
            I watch and follow it, even play fantasy and prediction pools.
            Ok so what are your predictions?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Over-exposure. It's bloated and too self-important. I'll go to a Jaguars game and follow the big stories. College football is a lot more interesting to me.
              How could the NFL in todays world not be over everything, just like all the other sports?

I do agree about college football, simply because of how important every game is. A loss is....HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok so what are your predictions?
                Of what? Eventual champ? The Packers, of course. What else is there ;-)?
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

So the action and the fact the game has some of the greatest athletes walking the planet doesn't interest you?
                  You have to admit the premise is silly. 22 grown men prance around in tight pants and pads, play for 6 seconds and then either dance around or pat each other on the fannies.

Comment

Action? Bunch of fat guys bumping into each other.

I already watch the sport with the greatest athletes walking the planet -- track and field.

Comment

I'd put myself in the Pego camp, outside of the prediction contests.

I also favor NFL over College - same cesspool but in the NFL they get paid more.

Comment

let me be brutally frank here: lots of people here like the NFL; what they don't like is being lectured by you when they refuse to take your every post as gospel. Other peoples' opinions matter too. There you have it.

Comment

No...........

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            You have to admit the premise is silly. 22 grown men prance around in tight pants and pads, play for 6 seconds and then either dance around or pat each other on the fannies.
                            So how come this country has made pro football the number one sport?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                              let me be brutally frank here:
                              I see what you did there!

So how come this country has made pro football the number one sport?
                              Boy, are you talking to the wrong choir. We're the sensible ones who prefer T&F!
                              Last edited by Atticus; 08-11-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X