Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 College Football

The playoff era has begun, and the game of the day features #14 Wisconsin vs #13 LSU in Houston. Predictions?

In the first controversy of the season, Oklahoma State has been forced to condemn a sign displayed at College Gameday by some of its fans, who IMO are either ignorant or tasteless, but I'll let lonewolf decide, since he has two dogs in the fight.

http://newsok.com/osu-football-trail...rticle/5337476
    jazzcyclist
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-31-2014, 02:00 AM.

I chalk that up to both ignorance and bad taste..which abound in college communities but still not an excuse.
    My great-great grandfather Creek/Choctaw ancestor travelled the Trail, pausing for a generation in Mississippi where my maternal grandfather was born.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      I chalk that up to both ignorance and bad taste..which abound in college communities but still not an excuse.
      My sentiments exactly! That sign was about as funny as a Holocaust joke.

Comment

My great-great grandfather Creek/Choctaw ancestor travelled the Trail, pausing for a generation in Mississippi where my maternal grandfather was born.
        My wife's great-great-great grandmother (not sure I have the right amount of greats) was a Cherokee who survived the Trail of Tears. Don't let my kids' and grandkids' blue eyes and blonde hair fool you!! At least the sign-maker got the tribe right. Seminoles, Cherokee, Muscogee, Chickasaw, Choctaw and Creek (of the "if the Creek don't rise!" fame) suffered.
        Atticus
        Last edited by Atticus; 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

The annual five day Red Earth Festival in OKC draws thousands of Indians from hundreds of tribes from all over the US and Canada..It is not uncommon to have a pedigreed redhead of blonde Festival Pricess.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
            You are too kind. The fact is that some people are assholes. As simple as that.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It is not uncommon to have a pedigreed redhead of blonde Festival Pricess.
              Oh, we don't have papers - we're just mostly mutts. ;-)

Comment

This sign is insensitive and stupid, but I learned about the Trail of Tears "thanks" to it. Native Americans' history is something I am in no way familiar with, and I'm grateful for the occasion to learn more. I just wish it wasn't through some people behaving like assholes.

Comment

Okay, I'll lead with the first prediction of the year. LSU 38 - Wisconsin 20. What say you pego?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    Okay, I'll lead with the first prediction of the year. LSU 38 - Wisconsin 20. What say you pego?
                    18 points? I'll take that bet ;-).
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Ugh, not ready for football, don't want the track season to end!

That said, Alabama's opener against West Virginia (Alabama 33, West Virgina 23) was ugly. It should've been a blow out, but the Tide's defense looked pretty weak today. On the other hand, the new kicker Adam Griffith was superb, going 4/4 on FG attempts and kicking a 47 yarder.

At least Coach Saban kept his composure, as I didn't notice any times where I could see the veins bulging in his neck and head! We need to sneak C.J. Mosley back on to the team!

Comment

Florida - Idaho game rained out (lightning) Sat. night. Surprised it isn't rescheduled for Sunday?

Comment

Well, OkState did not get embarassed by Fla State and except for a couple of bonehead plays and bad calls could have won the game..maybe we will break into the top 25 next week..

Comment

That Hill kid at A&M the big surprise in week one.

Tyreek Hll came as advertised.

Winston looked ragged but did settle down.

Why does LSU never have that "great" QB?

Running back Nick Chubb at Georgia reminded me of Marshawn Lynch, a beast.

Went pretty much as I expected only missed one game....South Carolina.

Comment

For a good laugh, read this profile of Alabama fans, the dumbest fan base in America.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...on-tide-102913

Comment

Working...
                              X