Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always though he and Frank Kush (ASU) would end up like they did.

Comment

• Frank Kush was one of the most unlikable creatures, Woody was not.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• all depends on your perspective: from where I sat, Woody was one of the biggest dicks ever and got just what he deserved.

Comment

• Yes, but he was funny and his players loved him. Kush was just an asshole, including the treatment of his own players.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Woody Hayes was a great man and a great coach... my favorite Woody Hayes quote:

"three things can happen when you throw the football, two of them are bad"

I dont consider his last game to be in any way representative of who he was as a coach and a man. If you have ever seen a loved one in the early stages of dementia, they say and do things that are odd and they lose things.. things like their moral compass.

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post
              I dont consider his last game to be in any way representative of who he was as a coach and a man.
              That final incident was just one of many. He got a pass on the others because he was winning. Paterno was a much better man and he still ended sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post
                Woody Hayes was a great man and a great coach... my favorite Woody Hayes quote:

"three things can happen when you throw the football, two of them are bad"…..
                I always thought that was Darrel Royal, but it appears that while he popoularized it, twas indeed Hayes who said it first.

This from an amazing resource of a website I've not come across before:

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/10/04/pass-3-things/

Comment

• So was it Popeye or Mr. Potatohead that said, "I yam what I yam"?

[bork, bork]

Comment

Working...
                  X