Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no one
    replied
    90 yrs old? --- seems like about 60. And no fair, his uniform still fits. I have a friend who was a shot putter - he frequently complained about not getting enough attention from the track & field peeps. No contest - race walking.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Po View Post
    This short film about Leonard Creo (b. 1923) -- painter, race walker, war veteran, nonagenarian -- is, imo, great.
    Ditto.
    If he's this vivacious at 90, what was he like at 63, my age, when I already feel like what he's describing his 90-year-old self?! :-O
    Reminds me of the videos of Louie Zamperini earlier this year at 97, before he died.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by tomjery View Post
    Recently got through Justified in a week after having two snow days. Would highly recommend
    Having 2 snowy days or getting through it?

Leave a comment:

• tomjery
    replied
    Recently got through Justified in a week after having two snow days. Would highly recommend

Leave a comment:

• BruceFlorman
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Po View Post
    I hope someone else who views it here will enjoy it.
    I did. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Master Po
    started a topic "If you can do puberty, you can do old age."

"If you can do puberty, you can do old age."

"If you can do puberty, you can do old age." Leonard Creo

Creo (2013) a short film (~8.5 minutes) by Moss Davis

http://vimeo.com/59849515

In all the years I have been reading and posting here, I rarely -- perhaps never (can't recall) -- have posted something with a recommendation to all to view or read. This short film about Leonard Creo (b. 1923) -- painter, race walker, war veteran, nonagenarian -- is, imo, great.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I am bombarded daily with more and more reasons to be cynical and to despair about pretty much all things, athletic and otherwise. This short film came to my attention today, and is something of a temporary antidote to some of that daily barrage. It is worth the 8 1/2 minutes it takes to watch it.

I hope someone else who views it here will enjoy it.
Working...
X