Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chernova and Zaripova banned for doping by RUSADA

Zaripova for 2 yrs 6 mnths from July 2013. Marks disqualified between 20 June 2011 to 20 Aug 2011 and 3 July 2012 to 2 sept 2012

Chernova for 2 yrs from 22 July 2013 . All marks disqualified between 16th Aug 2009 to 14 Aug 2011

Its a joke. Kelly Sotherton is rightly spitting feathers on Twitter. Denied a second Olympic medal by Chernova, and Ennis denied a second world title.
    Last edited by Gabriella2; 01-30-2015, 05:47 PM.

Thinking about it, I guess this is why neither were in Moscow. We were told it was injury but it was obviously this ban instead! So we can look forward to both competing in Beijing....rolls eyes over and over and over

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
      Thinking about it, I guess this is why neither were in Moscow. We were told it was injury but it was obviously this ban instead! So we can look forward to both competing in Beijing....rolls eyes over and over and over
      If Zaripova got 2 years and 6 months from July 2013, her ban would end in 2016, so no Beijing for her. How do you expect Chernova to qualify if she is banned until four weeks before Beijing?

Comment

These trickle down revaluations of Russian cheating is total bullshit. This is a state sponsored doping program and has been for decades...if the Russians are not harshly punished this will occur again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
          These trickle down revaluations of Russian cheating is total bullshit. This is a state sponsored doping program and has been for decades...if the Russians are not harshly punished this will occur again and again.
          If this keeps up, Putin may have to put on a uniform and run the women's 4 X 4.

Comment

Almost London 2012 bronze for Lyudmila Yosipenko lol But bronze goes to Milca Chemos
            Last edited by Pakilo; 01-30-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
              And what do you think other nations said about the U.S. after BALCO?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                And what do you think other nations said about the U.S. after BALCO?
                If BALCO was as sweeping I'd completely agree.

Comment

Zaripova for 2 yrs 6 mnths from July 2013. Marks disqualified between 20 June 2011 to 20 Aug 2011 and 3 July 2012 to 2 sept 2012
                  Haven't looked at all of this as yet, so just this question re Zaripova -- I am understanding that she keeps the Daegu WC gold, right?

Oh well. Another moment of wishing that all prior championship marks be invalidated when someone is a proven, sanctioned cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                    If Zaripova got 2 years and 6 months from July 2013, her ban would end in 2016, so no Beijing for her. How do you expect Chernova to qualify if she is banned until four weeks before Beijing?
                    You don't think the Russians are capable of inventing fake results for Chernova? The Russian mentality is to cheat in what ever way it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                      You don't think the Russians are capable of inventing fake results for Chernova? The Russian mentality is to cheat in what ever way it takes.
                      Save this crap for some other websites. I'm sure there are plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                        No i don't think they are capable of doing so and i also think it's enough with all the Russia bashing. During the 80s basically all east german athletes were using PEDs, does that mean Germans had/have a mentality to cheat?

Comment

Pakilo, norunner, you obviously have never seen the wealth of dubious results that have come out of Russia, and the Soviet Union before that.
                          I also refer you to the thread gh posted a link to on Soviet cheating at the 80 Olympics.
                          The evidence IS there that the Russian Federation cheats. I am not personally saying that's imbedded in their culture like others, but I can see why some are driven to say that. Win at all costs.

Comment

in any case, parsing "national tendencies" is not really what a Current Events forum about track & field is meant to discuss.

Comment

Pakilo, norunner, you obviously have never seen the wealth of dubious results that have come out of Russia, and the Soviet Union before that.
                              I also refer you to the thread gh posted a link to on Soviet cheating at the 80 Olympics.
                              The evidence IS there that the Russian Federation cheats. I am not personally saying that's imbedded in their culture like others, but I can see why some are driven to say that. Win at all costs.
                              My point wasn't that i think they would be too honest to consider it, the circus around those banned walkers competing in Saransk showed there are people who will go to great lengths to circumvent the rules. But Saransk also showed why they weren't capable of doing so. We live in a world of cellphones, of everybody being online all the time. They would have to invent results from a multivent competition where Chernova either never even showed up or where they falsified all results and that's just too big of a risk to take nowadays. How many people would have to join that conspiracy for it to work? The other athletes, all officials, press, audience, if just one person post photos online that show something that's not supposed to be there, it would be over.
                              Chernova is a convicted doper, if she was to compete a few weeks before Beijing in an attempt to qualify, if i had anything to say in the IAAF/WADA, i would send someone there to test her.
                              My criticism is about the way the Russia bashing sounds, it sounds like the whole country is a bunch of cheats.

Comment

Working...
                              X