19 Oklahoma
      20 Arkansas
      21 Stanford
      22 Arizona
      23 Missouri
      24 Boise State
      25 Tennessee

Any early season predictions?
    Lots of great games in the coming months. Hard for me to believe Ohio State is not in the BCS title game again. Who else, who knows. Let the fun begin!

Comment

Minnesota almost ruined TCU's early season. Someone said that Minnesota might be better than you might think, maybe that is so. I wonder if Wisconsin can stay within the difference in rankings (i.e., within 15 points) - new coach, key injuries, thin several places and their big strength (running back) plays right in to Alabama's biggest strength.

Comment

I kind of expect my two favorite teams, Stanford and FSU, to slide back down into semi-obscurity.
        Stanford will be good, but go, say, 8-4, and FSU has the talent, but without a Jameis (love him or hate him) to guide them, I don't see a sniff at the Final 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I kind of expect my two favorite teams, Stanford and FSU, to slide back down into semi-obscurity.
          Stanford will be good, but go, say, 8-4, and FSU has the talent, but without a Jameis (love him or hate him) to guide them, I don't see a sniff at the Final 4.
          At halftime. Stanford is trailing Northwestern 10-3.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Stanford will be good, but go, say, 8-4
            Originally posted by Pego View Post
            At halftime. Stanford is trailing Northwestern 10-3.
            Oh, my bad, that was a typo. Stanford will go 4-8 this year . . . sigh.

Comment

a new low even for WSU in losing to Portland State.
              Pac-12 looked real bad this weekend

Comment

Temple beats Penn St??!!

Oh, ghost of JoePa!

Comment

Week 1 Observation: Braxton Miller is the most dangerous weapon in college football.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...braxton-miller

Comment

Of what I saw this past weekend, Ohio St and Alabama look pretty awesome. Henry and Elliott at RB behind those OLs, uff.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

FSU has a polished QB in the ND refugee Golson and TWO hyper-quick/elusive backs in Cook and Pender. Not unlike OSU, Florida has a bevy of talented QBs. How funny is it that the Big-10's Offensive Player of the Year can't even start in his own position, because there's someone better there.

Comment

How funny is it that the Big-10's Offensive Player of the Year can't even start in his own position, because there's someone better there.
                        I don't know that Jones is batter than Barrett, that remains to be seen, and let's not forget that Barrett did beat out Jones last year. So far the practice snaps with the first team have been split 50/50% and they had no idea who the starter woiuld be until Meyers sent the offense out on the field for their first offensive posession.

Comment

FSU has a polished QB in the ND refugee Golson and TWO hyper-quick/elusive backs in Cook and Pender. Not unlike OSU, Florida has a bevy of talented QBs. How funny is it that the Big-10's Offensive Player of the Year can't even start in his own position, because there's someone better there.
                          Not true...that was Miller's choice.

One thing is certain...Miller is a pure football player wherever position he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                            Not true...that was Miller's choice.
                            The real reason, as noted during the summer: (http://www.si.com/college-football/2...wide-receiver#)

"Miller said with more than two months until he’ll be completely healthy at quarterback, he’s approaching this season as primarily a wide receiver."

There was the very real chance he couldn't have beaten out the incumbent for the job in mid-season.

After that spin-move last night, he chose wisely.

Comment

The real reason, as noted during the summer: (http://www.si.com/college-football/2...wide-receiver#)

"Miller said with more than two months until he’ll be completely healthy at quarterback, he’s approaching this season as primarily a wide receiver."

There was the very real chance he couldn't have beaten out the incumbent for the job in mid-season.

After that spin-move last night, he chose wisely.
                              I thought you were talking about Barrett, not Miller, who NFL scouts had advised had better prospects as a WR than a QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X