Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"15 shows to binge before fall TV kicks off"

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "15 shows to binge before fall TV kicks off"

    I've only ever watched 2 of their recommendations (Elementary and Blacklist, both of which I love). thoughts?

    http://www.imdb.com/falltv/tv-shows-...d_i=homepage#1

  • #2
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Elementary and Blacklist
    Those two, plus Gotham and Walking Dead (but not the new 'prequel'). Of those 4, Elementary is the most entertaining, but Blacklist is the best written and acted.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just finished watching TNT's Murder in the First on DVR. Compelling, twisted, violent, dirty... another Bochco masterpiece.

      Comment


      • #4
        X-Files is worth watching simply because Fox remastered all episodes and they look great in HD and 16:9.
        How to get away with murder is fun, EVERYONE is bad in his/her own way and there are several surprising twists. And because there is an overall arch it's perfect for binge watching.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by norunner View Post
          X-Files is worth watching simply because Fox remastered all episodes and they look great in HD and 16:9.
          How to get away with murder is fun, EVERYONE is bad in his/her own way and there are several surprising twists. And because there is an overall arch it's perfect for binge watching.
          How to Get Away with Murder is almost a redo of Scandal with the law students subbing for the experts. Scandal lost me after a few years, hopefully HGAM keeps me interested longer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by booond View Post
            How to Get Away with Murder is almost a redo of Scandal with the law students subbing for the experts. Scandal lost me after a few years, hopefully HGAM keeps me interested longer.
            I am not a Shonda Rhimes fan. Slick and superficial. Good shows missing are: Rectify, Ray Donovan, Homeland, Murder in the First.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
              I am not a Shonda Rhimes fan. Slick and superficial. Good shows missing are: Rectify, Ray Donovan, Homeland, Murder in the First.
              Very slick which overrides the lack of depth. This is okay as long as the story keeps humming along and the characters aren't ridiculous but Scandal switched focuses and wildly insane storylines - president strangles Supreme Court justice - made it unwatchable.

              Rectify is a great show. Homeland never worked for me.

              Comment


              • #8
                On Netflix, Daredevil and Narco are both awesome. Daredevil, while a Marvel comic, is insanely brutal.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've been watching the first season of Arrow (based on the comic Green Arrow). The first 2 seasons are on Netflix and they're adding season 3 soon, presumably to enable people to get caught up with season 4 which starts airing on TV next month.

                  Arrow isn't quite as brutal as Daredevil when it comes to beating up people, but unlike Daredevil who has a strict code against killing, he sometimes will kill the bad guys who try to kill him or have killed others.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                    I am not a Shonda Rhimes fan. Slick and superficial. Good shows missing are: Rectify, Ray Donovan, Homeland, Murder in the First.
                    we're currently bingeing Homeland: wow!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                      Arrow isn't quite as brutal as Daredevil when it comes to beating up people
                      Gotham, the backstory to Batman, started up again last night and got really dark, really fast! Jim Gordon (the future Police Commissioner) is in cahoots with the Penguin and kills a man for him, and Master Bruce (presently 12-years-old) takes a Machiavellian turn and decides doing bad things for the right reasons is OK. This sh** just got real! Plus, the people who become the Joker and the Riddler have been introduced.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So this is now the spoiler thread?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Knick is an awesome show!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I watched the first season and loved it - now I don't get Cinemax any more (I refuse to pay >$200 for my Phone/Cable/Internet [>100Mpbs!] bundle from Comcast (Xfinity).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                              I am not a Shonda Rhimes fan. Slick and superficial. Good shows missing are: Rectify, Ray Donovan, Homeland, Murder in the First.
                              Finally got around to starting on Ray Donovan: great stuff!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X