Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football

Since it's not just about pro/NCAA, I'm left with..Football.

In the pro game it is time to dump the kickoff other than at the start of the game/half/OT.

The colleges need to play every team in their conference before worrying about playing Savannah State/Western Illinois etc.

I often wonder about how things would have been if way back when they'd had instant replay. Look at how many times the refs get it wrong. So all those years prior to instant replay all those wrongs stayed wrong.

The NFL needs to also dump those Thursday night games. You cannot give a team that sort of an advantage in their next game. They get extra days to prepare. Sure, sure will make the exception on Turkey Day.

The media adores Notre Dame, Knute Rockne, Win One For the Gipper, The Four Horsemen, Touchdown Jesus, the Golden Dome, will live forever.

Now Greg Hardy is being late for practice or was it a meeting?. This is a team leader, ha~~~~~~~ But he can rush a QB, sheesh~~~~ Once it becomes obvious the Cowboys are not in the playoffs I look for Hardy to be dumped.

I'm trying to think of who Derrick Henry reminds me of........Calvin Hill?

The Superbowl....Pats vs Cardinals ....if Brady/Palmer stay healthy.

NCAA Championship....Alabama vs Clemson
    Last edited by Dickson; 11-17-2015, 08:10 PM.

I've been trying to think of the Derrick Henry thing as well. I guess a much thicker (yet still amazingly fast) Hill. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. Very tall and thick, yet capable of taking one to the house once in a while.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
      I've been trying to think of the Derrick Henry thing as well. I guess a much thicker (yet still amazingly fast) Hill. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. Very tall and thick, yet capable of taking one to the house once in a while.
      I also thought of Jacobs but Henry has far better straight line speed. Hill had good speed, being a track guy at Yale.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
        I also thought of Jacobs but Henry has far better straight line speed. Hill had good speed, being a track guy at Yale.
        Eric Dickerson?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          Eric Dickerson?
          You beat me to it.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Both Calvin and Dickerson gave the appearance of being much lankier than Henry. He's a bigger version of Marshawn Lynch.

I agree with Dickson re Thursday night football. I have little interest in it.

Instant replay is a waste of time. I've always been able to deal better with a bad call in football or baseball or basketball then wait through the replay process which drives me insane. The NFL, moneymaker that it is, learned long ago that a replay review gives them another timeout and another period for commercials.

Comment

Curtis Dickey was a straight-ahead runner with great speed at 6-1, 213

Comment

I'd seen Dickerson cited somewhere else, but although he was tall, ran tall and was 220-ish, he always struck me as a smooth cutback runner with some power and crazy speed, but not a hulking brute with very good speed like Henry seems to be. Either way, I think Henry projects very well to the NFL. I think Zeke Elliot does as well. Last year's 3 game run through Wisc, 'Bama and Oregon was something to behold.

Maybe Riggins is in the ball park, comparison wise? Tall, hulking, state sprint champion. Henry's not a state champ, but he ran the 100 with pretty good speed.
                Last edited by scottmitchell74; 11-18-2015, 12:16 AM.
                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  Eric Dickerson?
                  Too small.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Notre Dame being included in the final 4 and getting crushed again.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                      Curtis Dickey was a straight-ahead runner with great speed at 6-1, 213
                      Dickey is the fastest RB in the history of the NFL to gain a 1000 yards in a season. He is the only NFL RB to ever be world ranked at 100m.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                        I'd seen Dickerson cited somewhere else, but although he was tall, ran tall and was 220-ish, he always struck me as a smooth cutback runner with some power and crazy speed, but not a hulking brute with very good speed like Henry seems to be. Either way, I think Henry projects very well to the NFL. I think Zeke Elliot does as well. Last year's 3 game run through Wisc, 'Bama and Oregon was something to behold.

Maybe Riggins is in the ball park, comparison wise? Tall, hulking, state sprint champion. Henry's not a state champ, but he ran the 100 with pretty good speed.
                        I get the impression Riggins put on a lot of weight from his Kansas HS sprint days (9.8) to his NCAA/NFL football days.

There was a video of Riggins winning Kansas State on youtube. Last time I looked it was..poof!
                        Last edited by Dickson; 11-18-2015, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                          I'm looking forward to Notre Dame being included in the final 4 and getting crushed again.
                          Why no love for the Irish? Ignore the fact none of the players are from Ireland.

Comment

What the hell, the All Time NFL RB 100m. (had to have made some impact, so no Trindon Holliday, Stone Johnson, Jeff Demps)

lane

1.Travis Williams Packers/ASU
                            2.Bo Jackson Raiders/Auburn
                            3.O.J.Simpson Bills/USC
                            4.Curtis Dickey Colts/Tex A&M
                            5.Herschel Walker Cowboys/Georgia
                            6.Buddy Young Colts/Illinois
                            7.Jamaal Charles Chiefs/Texas
                            8.Ollie Matson Rams/UofSF

Comment

Side note -- Charles was originally an IHer, taking bronze at the '03 WYC!

Comment

Working...
                              X