Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by booond View Post
    They also allowed too many people to get into the market without any skin in the game - no downpayment.
    They did more than that. I had a client in California get a $500,000 interest only loan for a house that was valued at $425,000. A negative equity loan. They did them believing the house would eventually appreciate enough to cover the debt. Complete stupidity. What could possibly go wrong?!

Comment

• Originally posted by odelltrclan View Post
      They did more than that. I had a client in California get a $500,000 interest only loan for a house that was valued at $425,000. A negative equity loan. They did them believing the house would eventually appreciate enough to cover the debt. Complete stupidity. What could possibly go wrong?!
      Doesn't shock me. They were willing to do anything to sell houses and pass paper.
      Last edited by booond; 12-28-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

If you get paid by the quantity of what you create and not the quality it shouldn't surprise anyone that quality will suffer.
        An example from my undergrad adviser: He had a friend that went to school for a while in Moscow. Her desk had a lamp on it that was bolted to the desk so that they could not move it, which was inconvenient. One night they had a party there and people were goofing off. Somehow a couple big guys got knocked off balance and hit the table fairly hard -- and the lamp moved a centimeter or so. It was not bolted to the table; rather then entire, rather large base, was made of lead. The quota for the lamp factory was in kilograms.

Comment

• I like my local critic's taste, in general. Here's his top 10 for the year

1. Brooklyn
          2. Bridge Of Spies
          3. Carol
          4. The Big Short
          5. Spotlight
          6. Southpaw
          7. 3 Hearts
          8. Love & Mercy
          9. 45 Years
          10. Star Wars

I'm too lazy to type the rest out, so here's the top 2 picks of the paper's secondary critics: Mad Max and Ex Machina; Brooklyn and Love & Mercy; Bridge Of Spies and The Big Short.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
            8. Love & Mercy
            Uh oh, does that mean I have to delete it from my Top 10 that I posted on the Point Break thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              I like my local critic's taste, in general. Here's his top 10 for the year

1. Brooklyn
              2. Bridge Of Spies
              3. Carol
              4. The Big Short
              5. Spotlight
              6. Southpaw
              7. 3 Hearts
              8. Love & Mercy
              9. 45 Years
              10. Star Wars

I'm too lazy to type the rest out, so here's the top 2 picks of the paper's secondary critics: Mad Max and Ex Machina; Brooklyn and Love & Mercy; Bridge Of Spies and The Big Short.
              Brooklyn, Carol or 45 years are next on my list... probably this weekend.

I liked Love and Mercy but the format - switching back and forth - made the movie lose its edge. There's a great story to be told but this attempt wasn't it.

Comment

I liked Love and Mercy but the format - switching back and forth - made the movie lose its edge. There's a great story to be told but this attempt wasn't it.
                And yet, that's exactly what made the movie so effective/affective for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  And yet, that's exactly what made the movie so effective/affective for me.
                  It was a gimmick, which the longer it went the weaker it became. That they used two actors wasn't the problem, telling the story in tandem was. I'd give the movie 2.5/3 stars. A B- if grading on a school scale.

Comment

• Thanks for reminding me that I saw "Love and Mercy." Not great, but worthwhile enough. Some of the musical sets seemed a bit long. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a list of movies released in 2015 that I actually saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
                      Thanks for reminding me that I saw "Love and Mercy." Not great, but worthwhile enough. Some of the musical sets seemed a bit long. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a list of movies released in 2015 that I actually saw.
                      I'll work through the Oscar contenders from now until the awards show and catch up on others in 2015 that I missed via dvd, streaming or at the theater - Star Wars, for example.

Comment

It was a gimmick, which the longer it went the weaker it became. That they used two actors wasn't the problem, telling the story in tandem was. I'd give the movie 2.5/3 stars. A B- if grading on a school scale.
                        Yes, because alternative perspectives and flashbacks never work in the movies . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Yes, because alternative perspectives and flashbacks never work in the movies . . .
                          I don't think I said that.

Comment

I don't think I said that.
                            Heaven forfend that I would accuse you of such a thing! ;-)

You gave it a B-.
                            I gave it a B.
                            We're pretty close!

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                              This will show about how I like my movies - this is my single all-time favorite movie scene - from a 1970s movie Billy Jack - the good part starts at 1:00 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVX-voqWuwY
                              I'd always known there was an earlier film in which Billy Jack made his debut (The Born Losers, 1967), but never came across it until yesterday. Comcast has added some tacky channels and showing B-grade movies seems to be their place in life. Loughlin's acting is beyond-belief wooden (I guess you could blame the director, who was, oh, yeah, Loughlin). Classic late-'60s biker flic that was fun to watch just because it was so unbelievably schlocky. Loughlin did appear to pick up some martial arts skills between this and Billy Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X