Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Because (almost?) every school district in America teaches these things somewhere along the way.
    Except in Texas where all the answers are Rick Perry.

Comment

And there is no requirement to have passed the school civics test or even to have attended school at all for a natural-born citizen to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by jc203 View Post
        And there is no requirement to have passed the school civics test or even to have attended school at all for a natural-born citizen to vote.
        Or to be President, either.

Comment

??!!
          I coulda sworn that school (or home-school) is federally required. And passing the course that the civics lesson was in is highly recommended.
          In any case the vast majority of Murkans have indeed been exposed to almost all this at some point. Furriners, not so much.
          My (mostly) apolitical wife learned this stuff some 45 years ago, and still got 80 right.

Comment

I'm not aware of federal compulsory education laws.

Comment

I'm not aware of federal compulsory education laws.
              Not federal, state: "virtually all states have mandates for when children must begin school and how old they must be before dropping out. Typically, children must start school by the age of six and remain enrolled until they are at least 16. - http://education.findlaw.com/education-options/compulsory-education-laws-background.html#sthash.Mj8ssYyp.dpuf"

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                BTW. The answer given for #56 is, imo, wrong as the question is written. Individual Federal tax returns are ( with extension) due on Oct 15, not April 15.
                The question doesn't ask when the returns are due. It asks what's the last day for sending in the federal income tax forms. You do have to send in something by April 15. If you don't file your return then, you at least have to file the form needed to get the six-month extension to October 15 (Form 4868). So I think their answer is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM View Post
                  Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?
                  OK, Cliff Clavan

Comment

Working...
                  X