Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game that inspired the movie Hoosiers

My Vol hoops team is playing Butler today at Hinkle Fieldhouse, site of the Indiana high school basketball tourney for many years. Found this video of the famous championship game of 1954 that featured Milan, enrollment 162, against Muncie Central, 1,662 students. You can see the shot heard round the world as Bobby Plump nails the winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ1_4YCGiLw

I'm shocked how sophisticated the tv broadcast cameras were for a high school game in 1954. Thanks for the post, it really was a treat to go back in time like that.
    Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

I had a brief chit chat with Bobby Plump here in Indy about 6 months ago.... does not look a day over about 65 even though he is almost 80 !

Comment

Thanks for posting that BillVol. I got excited even though I knew how it would end.

Noticed one thing. Milan seemed to move the ball back and forth over the center line when stalling. Was that permitted the time?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Thanks for posting that BillVol. I got excited even though I knew how it would end.

Noticed one thing. Milan seemed to move the ball back and forth over the center line when stalling. Was that permitted the time?
          If you're referring to the out of bounds passes which appear to come from the front court to the backcourt then it is not a violation. Those inbounds passes are legal even today. I didn't see any violations during the stall.

Comment

Working...
          X