Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Glenn Frey, 67

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/18/glenn-...e-eagles-dead/

One of my top 3-4 bands of all time. Frey and Henley, as great as Lennon/McCartney? Estranged for 14 years, sound familiar Everly fans, but got together again. Henley still my favorite Eagle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...d51_story.html

Comment

The Rule of Three circle now closed(Frey, Bowie, Natalie Cole). Keith Richards can breathe easy lol
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
        One of my top 3-4 bands of all time. Frey and Henley, as great as Lennon/McCartney? Estranged for 14 years, sound familiar Everly fans, but got together again. Henley still my favorite Eagle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...d51_story.html
        RIP Mr. Frey.

As good as Lennon and McCartney... no. Richards and Jagger... no.

Comment

It does seem a lot of musical talent has just passed.

First album of any group/band I purchased was Hotel California.

Comment

Never been much of an Eagles fan, but Frey's stint on Miami Vice, and its use of Smuggler's Blues was CLASSICO!!

Comment

In 1976 I was hitchhiking from Albuquerque back to Eugene and got off in Winslow, Arizona just to stand on a corner.

Comment

THE corner is a tourist attraction in Winslow.. complete with restored flatbed Ford.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_tw-bottom

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                    RIP Mr. Frey.

As good as Lennon and McCartney... no. Richards and Jagger... no.
                    Once I would have agreed, but as I got older the Eagles grew in stature for me. The Stones and the Beetles seemed to be stuck in the 60's while the Eagles never seemed to fade. Chacun a son goute.
                    I think for me, having grown up a Brit (culturally) and moving to the U.S. In my late teens my tastes shifted westward.
                    Last edited by jeremyp; 01-19-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Happy to say that my wife and I saw The Eagles in November 2013 near the end of their History of the Eagles tour - got a chance to see them while Glenn Frey was still with us.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        THE corner is a tourist attraction in Winslow.. complete with restored flatbed Ford.
                        Yes it all becomes a tourist attraction in the end. Pre's Rock; Winslow, Arizona....

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                          I think for me, having grown up a Brit (culturally) and moving to the U.S. In my late teens my tastes shifted westward.
                          Makes sense.

Comment

local sportsradio guys discussing Glenn Frey this afternoon.

Bumper music in "Desperado".

"What a great voice Glenn had. 'Desperado' is one of the great tunes of our generation."

Bumper music out "Take it to the Limit".

Over the music "Another great Glenn Frey song".

At least Frey had a writing credit for "Desperado" but these guys need a clue.

Comment

Working...
                            X