Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where does the Wounded Warrior money go?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where does the Wounded Warrior money go?

why I don't live to give to any charity, no matter supposedly how noble.

http://republicbroadcasting.org/news...s-not-so-much/

What the Red Cross did in the name of Haiti is criminal
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      why I don't live to give to any charity, no matter supposedly how noble.

http://republicbroadcasting.org/news...s-not-so-much/
      While I agree with the sentiment isn't this in the wrong forum.

Comment

I'm quite happy to give to charities that are highly-rated and do what they say they do. I can't imagine giving a penny to one that I haven't researched first. Red Cross will never get a dime, nor will United Way.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
          While I agree with the sentiment isn't this in the wrong forum.
          and who made you cop?

Comment

Very disappointing.. one of my heretofore favorite charities.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              and who made you cop?
              Just trying to help.

Comment

Donate to small local charities that support your values. Charities where you know the people best and see the results.

Any organization that can afford movie stars and rock stars and hours and hours of TV ad time is likely frighteningly top heavy.
                Last edited by user4; 01-21-2016, 01:01 AM.

Comment

WWP is a big-money non-profit. It is sometimes difficult to judge whether charitable foundations dispense $ wisely. As with any complicated system, second-guessing by outsiders can be misguided.

At first glance there seems to be a lot of money being channeled toward good work and there seems to be a lot of money in hand that was not used for good works.
                  It is best practice to have some cash reserves at the end of the fiscal year, especially in volatile economic times. Building a lasting endowment that produces a reasonable return is a very good thing, although the endowment $ is listed as only 1.3 million for the year.

Still, a $94 million+ profit for one fiscal year, about 37% of their total expenditures is pretty hefty. I'm betting that gh would be pretty damn happy if T&FN started the new year with 37% profit.

The top 26 execs at WWP collected a total of about $3 million, maybe not a lot of compensation for people who raised and administered more than 100 times that much cash last year. Sorta skimpy wages compared to private sector top execs, but then again this is a charitable organization!

The whole form 990 for WWP's last fiscal year is here:
                  https://www.woundedwarriorproject.or...rm-990_wwp.pdf

Comment

Working...
                  X