57 years old. Holy shit.

F'real??!!

OK, just read this

Prince had been battling the illness [flu] for weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      F'real??!!

OK, just read this
      I would assume it's more than the flu. Not that the flu can't kill you but usually not a person of his age.

Rather sad.

Comment

Wow...Damn...

Unbelievably sad...a God of my generation...

RIP

Comment

2016 is turning out to be a bad year for musicians. But yeah, 57 is was too young. A plane he was on made an emergency (medical) landing earlier in the week due to him and he cancelled a concert. The report then was he had the flu.

Comment

It's really unsettling when someone who's only a few years older than you dies. RIP Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              It's really unsettling when someone who's only a few years older than you dies. RIP Prince.
              How about a few years younger than you?

My wife is absolutely besides herself. Just unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                Wow...Damn...

Unbelievably sad...a God of my generation...

RIP
                we're obviously of different generations! I know he had a song called "Purple Rain," but I haven't the vaguest idea what it sounds like. Nor any other work of his (although it may be that there is stuff of his that I do recognize, but not as his)

Comment

At the Super Bowl

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

These certainly aren't his best performances - it's the Super Bowl and raining.

Of course here he is stealing a tribute to George Harrison... second half of the song is Prince rescuing this from the Dirge hall of Fame.

Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and others perform "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the 2004 Hall of Fame Inductions. http://rockhall.com/⁍ Buy...
                  Last edited by booond; 04-21-2016, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    we're obviously of different generations! I know he had a song called "Purple Rain," but I haven't the vaguest idea what it sounds like. Nor any other work of his (although it may be that there is stuff of his that I do recognize, but not as his)
                    Oh, dear...I had the same reaction, but since so many seemed rather shocked by the news I didn't want to intrude.

Comment

FYI, Google is honoring Prince in a pretty cool way.

Comment

And to send him off to the ether.

When I am laid, am laid in Earth,
                        May my wrongs create
                        No trouble in thy Breast
                        Remember me, remember me, but ah! forget my fate.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                          FYI, Google is honoring Prince in a pretty cool way.
                          Well-played.

Comment

and The Onion weighs in....

CHANHASSEN, MN—After hearing the shocking news of the iconic pop star’s unexpected death, the U.S. populace reported Thursday that it was simply too sad to fuck, even though they knew it was what Prince would have wanted. “If Prince is looking down on us right now, I know he’d want to see us all get down and fuck, but…

Comment

Prince seemed to be a performer other artists both musical and non musical looked up to. I saw him live twice and he was fantastic both times in shows nearly 20 years apart.

Comment

Working...
                              X