Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how fast in the quarter for "average" guy?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

54 seconds for the average male citizen is brutal.
    When I was still living in Norway they had various sports badges citizens could try out for. For the Track & Field badge you had to show up on certain dates at one of the local track clubs. Then you had to do the 100, HJ, LJ, SP and the 1500. It was a very nice pin from The Norwegian Track Federation if you could meet the standards. But for the 100m the requirement was 13.5 for men between 18 and 35. That was far from a piece of cake and imagine running 4 100s in 13.5? Out of the question!

Comment

Going back to my mandated random 1000 sub age 35 male quarter milers, I say less than 10 could break 55.
      In other words, less than 1 %.

Comment

There have been 47 posts and only one person believes in the original statement - 50% of males can run 54 seconds or better.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
          There have been 47 posts and only one person believes in the original statement - 50% of males can run 54 seconds or better.
          I think Im closer to the truth than those that think it is 1%. I ran a 52 on dirt at over 200lbs and my training was not optimal or focused or without injuries along the way.. and I was not a 1% athlete. It is closer to 50% than 1%. I may have been carelessly optimistic but I think others are doing worse with the antithesis.
          Last edited by user4; 05-01-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
            I think Im closer to the truth than those that think it is 1%. I ran a 52 on dirt at over 200lbs and my training was not optimal or focused or without injuries along the way.. and I was not a 1% athlete. It is closer to 50% than 1%. I may have been carelessly optimistic but I think others are doing worse with the antithesis.
            You posted this already.

Comment

Average? Including all ages? Probably 2 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol View Post
                Average? Including all ages? Probably 2 mins.
                Dont make us feel bad, Im sure that if I train for a year I can break 2 minutes !
                Last edited by user4; 05-01-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

At 77, I think I could still run a sub-20 100, but there is no way I could do sub-2 400.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Considering that most of the US population is obese, breaking 2 for 400 meters might be tough for a lot of people from all age groups.

Comment

Working...
                    X