This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open question to the moderator, GH

I am kinkdly asking from here on, before you ban one more person or suggest you will. Please state explicitly which rule of the board is been violated. If this is going to become a post what you want as long as I agree then it's not too much what democratic is or even in good spirit.

from rule No. 5 found in the thread at the top of this page

<<5. If you want to discuss politics or religion, there are other sites far better equipped to handle your desires. Don't even think of getting into it here...... >>

Once a year on "free speech day" we open the Free Speech forum and you are allowed to babble on at your heart's content on such subjects.

Comment

Thank you, gh.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
        from rule No. 5 found in the thread at the top of this page

<<5. If you want to discuss politics or religion, there are other sites far better equipped to handle your desires. Don't even think of getting into it here...... >>

Once a year on "free speech day" we open the Free Speech forum and you are allowed to babble on at your heart's content on such subjects.
        I stand surly corrected and accept your evidence. In return I ask that you apply the same rule when others bring up the issue of lifestyle orientation which is a highly political and caustic debate as was done many time with isayabena.
        Once more let the rules be the adhered to and apply without prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDondada View Post
          I stand surly corrected and accept your evidence. In return I ask that you apply the same rule when others bring up the issue of lifestyle orientation which is a highly political and caustic debate as was done many time with isayabena.
          Once more let the rules be the adhered to and apply without prejudice.
          Sexual orientation isn't and shouldn't be considered a political issue. It is something that a person has no choice in and is not a "lifestyle orientation". One is simply born that way and to express that people should be treated differently because of it is dehumanizing to those who are different from the mainstream ideals. Ideally, it shouldn't be an issue in sports either, but unfortunately it often is. When a prominent sports figure speaks out against a group of people the way Isinbayeva did,it is violating the spirit of athletics and good sportsmanship. That's neither politics, nor religion.

Comment

Have to disagree. While I agree that's how it should be, the reality is that in many countries sexual orientation is very much a political issue. And it is certainly a political issue in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
              Have to disagree. While I agree that's how it should be, the reality is that in many countries sexual orientation is very much a political issue. And it is certainly a political issue in the USA
              GH, rightly call for the cease and desist from political discussion. I agree with him as the rule of the board clearly states so. Strangely we don't agree on much but let's put this one to an end. This board is for sports and nothing about orientation, lifestyle or gender, I make one exception for the caster semenya case. But those for should not push their agenda here and those against need not use this forum as a an avenue to protest. JUST DONT BRING THE DAMN THING HERE!!!

Comment

Isi brought the damn thing here and in doing so made it a legitimate topic of conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
                  Isi brought the damn thing here and in doing so made it a legitimate topic of conversation.
                  Not everything she says warrant a discussion here. Has you may know she has made more glaring political statements too. Do those belong here? Sure not!! And this is why the moderator draw my wrath. He sure knows that this subject is a hot political issue at the very least in USA and should never be entertain here. Maybe the rules should be updated to political discussion ok as long as GH approve. He may very well ban me but I am standing up for objective moderation.

Comment

Not everything she says warrant a discussion here. Has you may know she has made more glaring political statements too. Do those belong here? Sure not!! And this is why the moderator draw my wrath. He sure knows that this subject is a hot political issue at the very least in USA and should never be entertain here. Maybe the rules should be updated to political discussion ok as long as GH approve. He may very well ban me but I am standing up for objective moderation.
                    Excuse my typo and grammatical error, this typing feature on the iPhone is to be blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeksreal View Post
                      Sexual orientation isn't and shouldn't be considered a political issue. It is something that a person has no choice in and is not a "lifestyle orientation". One is simply born that way and to express that people should be treated differently because of it is dehumanizing to those who are different from the mainstream ideals. Ideally, it shouldn't be an issue in sports either, but unfortunately it often is. When a prominent sports figure speaks out against a group of people the way Isinbayeva did,it is violating the spirit of athletics and good sportsmanship. That's neither politics, nor religion.
                      I think people still have freedom of speech right? Isn't that what democracy is about? It's ok for a president of the free world to object to such lifestyle but not a Darn athlete that jumps with a pole and has zero power.
                      This is exactly the point, this subject is clearly political and can easily decend into a political debate of freedom of speech vs human rights. If GH truly expect to say he moderates objectively then clearly he should now see that this is political.

Comment

He may very well ban me but I am standing up for objective moderation.
                        It was nice knowing you.

Comment

Or rather, it wasn't nice knowing you (him/her/it), & I hope your (his/her/its) vacation is shite. :-)

But seriously, I agree with what Flump had said earlier: by publicly stating her opinions on this subject, her view becomes something for T&F fans to discuss. She was one of the biggest names in athletics not long ago, IAAF athlete of the year, a potential Head of the Russian Federation, so we should be listening to what she has to say.

Anyway, she said those comments ages ago, most sane people don't agree with her, and as a result most sane people lost respect for her. Its old news TheDondala, don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
                            by publicly stating her opinions on this subject, her view becomes something for T&F fans to discuss.
                            . . . elsewhere . . .
                            I have been here since Day One (and been put in time-out SEVERAL times), and by far the best feature of this board is gh's insistence on civility of discussion. That leaves many subjects off-limits, because so many people have a problem discssing certain subjects dispassionately.
                            Last edited by Atticus; 06-20-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
                              I don't recall Isi posting here. Can you tell me what her username is?

Comment

Working...
                              X