X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    I have to agree with gh on this one. No matter how much one likes soccer (or basketball, baseball, American football, etc.) it ain't track. This Board is "Things Not T&F" and guess what--soccer is NOT t&f. The Current Events Board should be exclusively for T&F.

Leave a comment:

• cubehead
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego View Post
    To each his own, I suppose. You are the boss, I can live easily with that decision.It just so happens that quite a few fans of T&F here are sport fans in general and soccer happens to be the most popular sport on the planet.

Oh yes, with an exception of a few throwing qualifications, there is no overlap of TV/webcast coverage of the Euros and the Trials, so some of us can have a cake and eat it, too :-).
    And you wonder why so many old timers left....

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    oh sure, and its companion piece: Watching Paint Dry
    To each his own, I suppose. You are the boss, I can live easily with that decision.It just so happens that quite a few fans of T&F here are sport fans in general and soccer happens to be the most popular sport on the planet.

Oh yes, with an exception of a few throwing qualifications, there is no overlap of TV/webcast coverage of the Euros and the Trials, so some of us can have a cake and eat it, too :-).

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego View Post
    Would you consider moving Euro 16 soccer thread to "Current"? It is going into the final phases during the Trials.
    oh sure, and its companion piece: Watching Paint Dry

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Soccer ? What is Soccer ??!!

( And most of the world says to us, " Track and Field ? What is Track and Field ??!! " )

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Would you consider moving Euro 16 soccer thread to "Current"? It is going into the final phases during the Trials.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    a heads-up: not only will Free Speech not be available on July 4, in keeping wth longstanding principle, the whole Things Not Track forum will be shut down for the duration of the Trials.

If you can't handle that, you're hanging out at the wrong site.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    and, I gotta stick around to see what you morph into the next time you hit 25,000 posts.
    I'm working as fast as I can!

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    and, I gotta stick around to see what you morph into the next time you hit 25,000 posts.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Yeah, I tried boycotting and lurking.. must be the masochist in me that brings me back.
    Oh, pleeeeeez - you love it here!

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    Let me say it... " Free Speech Day " here is stupid. There is no need for it. I'm sure that none of you care about my opinions on Politics or Religion, and I do not care for any of yours either ! Get rid of it.
    Since only the free speech forum is open on free speech day, why not just avoid it if that's not your cup of tea? The same rules still apply on the other forums.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Simple solution - don't come here when it's open. Voila!
    I find many like-minded people here - and I don't mean I agree with them - intelligent people who are informed, rational, and interested in the world around them . . . for the most part . . . ;-)
    Yeah, I tried boycotting and lurking.. must be the masochist in me that brings me back.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    Let me say it... " Free Speech Day " here is stupid. There is no need for it. I'm sure that none of you care about my opinions on Politics or Religion, and I do not care for any of yours either ! Get rid of it.
    Simple solution - don't come here when it's open. Voila!
    I find many like-minded people here - and I don't mean I agree with them - intelligent people who are informed, rational, and interested in the world around them . . . for the most part . . . ;-)

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    I'm not 100% happy with the rules here, but I know what they are. And gh has always been very fair in enforcing the rules.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    but you know what I meant, right?
    Of course. Thanks for the vocabulary lesson.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X