This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    Yep, I did will, although it is evolving daily.
    If you are anything like me you will forget 90% of what you wanted to talk about before July 4th.

My own sense is that the moderator does his best to keep the threads from getting too hot but he is generally a well natured left of center guy and therefore he tolerates far more political content from the left than he can from the right.

Those on the right should get used to it and accept that he at least provides the forum for great track interaction and the community has some of the best content and commentary providers in the world.
    Last edited by user4; 06-20-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      To clarify a couple of things:

1. the "no politics" rule applies to partisan politics. I have no problem with—indeed, i encourage—discussions of "political science." Unfortunately, of course, it traditinally takes about 3 posts before such attempted discussions go off the rails and the thread gets locked down.

2. Isinbaeva's stance on gay rights has nothing to do with politics. But, of course, as with politics, this is a highly charged subject for some people and it rarely lasts long either.

In either case, the place for discussing such is the Things Not Track forum, not here.
      Thank you, gh, and I agree with this approach.

It is extremely important to debate and discuss what the potential Head of one of the biggest athletics Federations has to say on certain issues. It could potentially affect future competitions in Russia, for competitors and fans, if LGBT rights are so publicly spoken against the way she did.

But we can discuss that further in the Ithe forum if other posters wish to.

Comment

Why have Free Speech Day during the FOT at all ? Why not postpone it for a week or so ? Bad timing !
        Last edited by dukehjsteve; 06-20-2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
          Why have Free Speech Day during the FOT at all ? Why not postpone it for a week or so ? Bad timing !
          July 5th is the rest day.

Though the 4th, 5th, and 6th are quite light.

Comment

You're missing my point. During the week that we all pretty much think of as the highlight of the year, why spoil it with a potential for acrimony here ?

Comment

steve may be onto something; maybe we should save our waxing acrimonious until Election Day

Comment

steve may be onto something; maybe we should save our waxing acrimonious until Election Day
                You'll be pleased to know that I'm somewhat less enamored of that female Alaskan we sometimes hear about!
                And I'm NOT talking about Allie Ostrander!!!
                LOL

Comment

And there is almost the least amount of track talk at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                    And there is almost the least amount of track talk at that point.
                    Right in the middle of the cross country season????? heresy!

Comment

I would vote for February 30.

Comment

The way things seem to be going, many of us may asking when Canada Day is celebrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          The way things seem to be going, many of us may asking when Canada Day is celebrated.
                          July 1st!
                          I know, because I spent the first day of my honeymoon in Vancouver.
                          We drove in about 11 p.m. after a long drive from Eugene, where we got married.
                          As we drove into the city (our hotel was on English Bay), we saw fireworks lighting up the sky.
                          We joked about Canada welcoming us on our special day!!
                          It was actually the end of the Canada Day celebration!!
                          LOL

Comment

So speaking of "ban-worthy" subjects, can we open up dope talk when we get back the lost of positives from the raid today? I mean with multiple WRs and golds from worlds and OG on the line....

Comment

I think that the general rule of thumb I use is that you can discuss cases that come up but on speculate on people. In this case you can talk about the people in the group but still stay away from the speculation side. Commenting on the injured toe and the lack of competing are public knowledge. Just use common sense and don't start attacking the athletes and the other posters.

Comment

Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
                                So speaking of "ban-worthy" subjects, can we open up dope talk when we get back the lost of positives from the raid today? I mean with multiple WRs and golds from worlds and OG on the line....
                                I think the board rule is, a positive result allows for discussion of that athlete

Comment

Working...
                                X