This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    You're missing my point. During the week that we all pretty much think of as the highlight of the year, why spoil it with a potential for acrimony here ?
    I have been preaching this point for ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      Say it, brother, say it!

Comment

Let me say it... " Free Speech Day " here is stupid. There is no need for it. I'm sure that none of you care about my opinions on Politics or Religion, and I do not care for any of yours either ! Get rid of it.

Comment

Nah. It lets me know who the wackos are.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            Nah. It lets me know who the wackos are.
            Well, one man's wacko is another man's simpatico.

I think those who have been on here a while have already figured out who our personal wackos are.

Comment

And yet you still can't wait to post this year. lol

Comment

Well, one man's wacko is another man's simpatico.

I think those who have been on here a while have already figured out who our personal wackos are.
                This is a classic example of why I post here. Lonewolf, you sent me to the dictionary, something I haven't been forced to do in years. However, I must point out that according to the dictionary, "simpatico" is an adjective and you used it as a noun.

Simpatico: Of like mind or temperament; compatible.

Comment

Won't be my last grammatical error, jazz... but you know what I meant, right?

Comment

but you know what I meant, right?
                    Of course. Thanks for the vocabulary lesson.

Comment

I'm not 100% happy with the rules here, but I know what they are. And gh has always been very fair in enforcing the rules.

Comment

Let me say it... " Free Speech Day " here is stupid. There is no need for it. I'm sure that none of you care about my opinions on Politics or Religion, and I do not care for any of yours either ! Get rid of it.
                        Simple solution - don't come here when it's open. Voila!
                        I find many like-minded people here - and I don't mean I agree with them - intelligent people who are informed, rational, and interested in the world around them . . . for the most part . . . ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Simple solution - don't come here when it's open. Voila!
                          I find many like-minded people here - and I don't mean I agree with them - intelligent people who are informed, rational, and interested in the world around them . . . for the most part . . . ;-)
                          Yeah, I tried boycotting and lurking.. must be the masochist in me that brings me back.

Comment

Since only the free speech forum is open on free speech day, why not just avoid it if that's not your cup of tea? The same rules still apply on the other forums.

Comment

Yeah, I tried boycotting and lurking.. must be the masochist in me that brings me back.
                              Oh, pleeeeeez - you love it here!

Comment

and, I gotta stick around to see what you morph into the next time you hit 25,000 posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X