X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flumpy
    replied
    Isi brought the damn thing here and in doing so made it a legitimate topic of conversation.

Leave a comment:

• TheDondada
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Have to disagree. While I agree that's how it should be, the reality is that in many countries sexual orientation is very much a political issue. And it is certainly a political issue in the USA
    GH, rightly call for the cease and desist from political discussion. I agree with him as the rule of the board clearly states so. Strangely we don't agree on much but let's put this one to an end. This board is for sports and nothing about orientation, lifestyle or gender, I make one exception for the caster semenya case. But those for should not push their agenda here and those against need not use this forum as a an avenue to protest. JUST DONT BRING THE DAMN THING HERE!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Have to disagree. While I agree that's how it should be, the reality is that in many countries sexual orientation is very much a political issue. And it is certainly a political issue in the USA

Leave a comment:

• Seeksreal
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDondada View Post
    I stand surly corrected and accept your evidence. In return I ask that you apply the same rule when others bring up the issue of lifestyle orientation which is a highly political and caustic debate as was done many time with isayabena.
    Once more let the rules be the adhered to and apply without prejudice.
    Sexual orientation isn't and shouldn't be considered a political issue. It is something that a person has no choice in and is not a "lifestyle orientation". One is simply born that way and to express that people should be treated differently because of it is dehumanizing to those who are different from the mainstream ideals. Ideally, it shouldn't be an issue in sports either, but unfortunately it often is. When a prominent sports figure speaks out against a group of people the way Isinbayeva did,it is violating the spirit of athletics and good sportsmanship. That's neither politics, nor religion.

Leave a comment:

• TheDondada
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    from rule No. 5 found in the thread at the top of this page

<<5. If you want to discuss politics or religion, there are other sites far better equipped to handle your desires. Don't even think of getting into it here...... >>

Once a year on "free speech day" we open the Free Speech forum and you are allowed to babble on at your heart's content on such subjects.
    I stand surly corrected and accept your evidence. In return I ask that you apply the same rule when others bring up the issue of lifestyle orientation which is a highly political and caustic debate as was done many time with isayabena.
    Once more let the rules be the adhered to and apply without prejudice.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Thank you, gh.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    from rule No. 5 found in the thread at the top of this page

<<5. If you want to discuss politics or religion, there are other sites far better equipped to handle your desires. Don't even think of getting into it here...... >>

Once a year on "free speech day" we open the Free Speech forum and you are allowed to babble on at your heart's content on such subjects.

Leave a comment:

• TheDondada
    started a topic An open question to the moderator, GH

An open question to the moderator, GH

I am kinkdly asking from here on, before you ban one more person or suggest you will. Please state explicitly which rule of the board is been violated. If this is going to become a post what you want as long as I agree then it's not too much what democratic is or even in good spirit.
Working...
X