Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instagram

Does anyone else have Instagram? It is my favorite social media platform. I get as much out of it as I do Twitter and it is more enjoyable. BTW there are TONS of track accounts on Instagram. I would like to see T&FN start an account. I think it would be good for them and the fans.

I've fizzled on Twitter. Facebook got old really fast. As did Periscope. Snapchat is maybe dumber than Facebook. The ladies love those "filters" that put special effects on their faces.

OK -- that's it for now.

I do not Twitter, Tweet, Snap or Face.. a friend recently gave me a smart phone.. I have decided I am not smart enough to use it and am returning to my indestructible flip phone which can be operated with one hand in low light.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      I do not Twitter, Tweet, Snap or Face.. a friend recently gave me a smart phone.. I have decided I am not smart enough to use it and am returning to my indestructible flip phone which can be operated with one hand in low light.
      I'm on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I hardly EVER post anything, but I like being notified of posts from all the family members I follow.

Comment

I like Twitter, but I'm fairly selective for who I follow. I have a Facebook account but basically never use it. Same with Instagram - I think I set up an account once but I know I have never used it.

Comment

I'm on Instagram. Love it! Far more active on it than Facebook.

Facebook is more verbal. I don't live under the illusion that people really care that much about my opinions or constant day-to-day goings on. I think it will be a blast for my son to look through my account in 10 years and look at a couple thousand pictures of himself growing up (not to mention my sharp-witted, keenly clever captions).

I'm also private and have very few followers. Makes me totes uncool!

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            My parents turn 70 this year and just learned texting in the last year. I think they've discovered that they're actually "more in touch" with me through texting than otherwise. Small doses, but far more frequent. We'll get you there, lonewolf!

Comment

I have held off on any social media beyond Facebook, primarily because it, and this board, take up enough of my free time.

Comment

There's basically no politics on Instagram, or at least it's easily possible to avoid it completely, so that makes it a million times better than Twitter or Facebook.

Comment

I like Twitter. But as noted just be selective in who you follow and it is very informative.

Comment

I was following all the Kool Kidz in the lead-up to Tokyo. I unfollowed all but a handful right afterward. Facebook is for my family, but Instagram is my guilty pleasure. Too much funny stuff there to miss.

Comment

I can't do any of this stuff. I just bothers me. I stick to dedicated boards like this.
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Facebook for family and selected friends who, much like Atticus, I've had to get rid of a few. Not necessarily for their political beliefs but because everything they responded to had a political angle to it...even some I agreed with.

Twitter I follow nearly no one and the same with Instagram.

Comment

Several years ago I "inherited" a vast collection of family photos. Some time later I joined Instagram, planning to use a private account to share the highlights of said collection with the rest of my family. My older brother put the kibosh on that scheme when he informed me that Instagram requires users to grant them "a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content that you post..."

Did Instagram really update their TOS like they said they would?
                          https://thelawtog.com/did-instagram-...id-they-would/
                          Because I don't really own the photos, I don't believe I have the moral authority to permit such use.
                          Davidokun
                          Last edited by Davidokun; 11-02-2021, 04:17 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I was banned 2 days ago for 3 days from posting on FB because FB said I breached their community standards because I told an anti vaxxer that she was a nut job.

She was offended and complained to FB.

Evidently FB is hapoy for people to post their anti vax BS nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                              I was banned 2 days ago for 3 days from posting on FB because FB said I breached their community standards because I told an anti vaxxer that she was a nut job.

She was offended and complained to FB.

Evidently FB is hapoy for people to post their anti vax BS nonsense.
                              It's better to troll her gently by showing concern for her health and asking why she is giving herself cancer by using a screen to post on the internet.

https://ehtrust.org/smartphone-blue-...to-depression/

If you want to do it professionally, set up a few dodgy websites filled with theories that the blue light is part of the gubmint's plan to enslave the population by weakening their immune system - worse than vaccines!

Bonus points for having a webstore selling 10c crystals for $50 that are guaranteed to convert the blue light into soothing bacinal rays.

Fun for you and all the family.

Comment

Working...
                              X