Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The details of her sanction are presented at http://geajohnson.com/USADA.asp

Comment

Originally posted by AZcyclist View Post
      The details of her sanction are presented at http://geajohnson.com/USADA.asp
      I wholly agree with the website statement on the complete corruption of the anti-doping process for pointless shit like this.

Comment

Having looked at Ms. Johnson's website, it's clear that having one of the world's most inflated egos is by far her most noteworthy accomplishment.

Comment

I like that you can donate money to a 50 year old's Olympic training fund. Heck, I'm only 45, I should start my own Olympic training fund.

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
            Having looked at Ms. Johnson's website, it's clear that having one of the world's most inflated egos is by far her most noteworthy accomplishment.
            You obviously don't know her at all. In order to attract sponsors, you have to promote your accomplishments and goals, of which she has many. She is obviously competitive, but an inflated ego is in no way part of who she is.

Comment

You obviously don't know her at all. In order to attract sponsors, you have to promote your accomplishments and goals, of which she has many. She is obviously competitive, but an inflated ego is in no way part of who she is.
              In that case we're talking hyperbole to the max and bloated overkill in advertising. "One of the world's greatest female athletes". Really?

Comment

That's how advertising works. Watch any TV commercial or political campaign and you'll see overkill. "world's greatest" caught your attention, thus likely to get you to read further. It's then up to you as to how you want to evaluate that claim relating to it's degree of overkill, just like any other adverstising. If she said "I'm a so-so athlete, please support me", she'd probably not find much support. Most of us are so-so; do your accomplishments exceed hers? She has many accomplishments in several sports, T&F, body building, weightlifting, bob sledding, cycling which she has shared on the Internet. Why crucify a person for trying?

Comment

That's how advertising works. Watch any TV commercial or political campaign and you'll see overkill. "world's greatest" caught your attention, thus likely to get you to read further. It's then up to you as to how you want to evaluate that claim relating to it's degree of overkill, just like any other adverstising. If she said "I'm a so-so athlete, please support me", she'd probably not find much support. Most of us are so-so; do your accomplishments exceed hers? She has many accomplishments in several sports, T&F, body building, weightlifting, bob sledding, cycling which she has shared on the Internet. Why crucify a person for trying?
                  Because when she was trying she was cheating (PEDs). So she lies about her accomplishments that she cheated to achieve. Not such a good combination.

Comment

Yes, one of the few three-time major doping offense athletes, at least where later offenses where found before the next one each time.

Comment

Unfortunately your belief that Gea is a PED user is based on an incorrect LA Times article. Just because a reporter gets their facts wrong, does not make it the truth. Prior to this sanction (which you should learn more about at http://geajohnson.com/USADA.asp), Gea had a couple of pre-USADA drug accusations: she won a dismissal on one case in Supreme Court (wrongfully accused in December 1994 for anabolic steroids on a test sample that was DNA proven not to be hers after chain of custody violations) and the other was for elevated Epitestosterone hormone levels (which is not performance enhancing and is naturally occurring) in an April 1997 test that was sanctioned incredibly in 2002 retroactively, while they violated their own rules regarding timelines, never gave Gea a hearing, Gea denied any wrongdoing, and the USAW did not ask her to admit to doping. A plea deal was accepted after they backed her into a corner a few weeks before the Olympics, which allowed her to compete in the Olympics rather than spend that period in court to prove her innocence. Her attorney is working with USOC now to clarify the vague rule so that this will not even be a violation in the future. Gea has not intentionally cheated and never gained any performance enhancement from her drug accusations. Actually the Anti-Doping organizations have violated many rules in their prosecution of Gea, so who's really the cheater.

Comment

Sounds like she's the most wronged athlete in history. 3 sports, 3 doping dq's, none of them deserved. Hard to beat that. If she is in fact innocent, that's quite a run of bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
                          Sounds like she's the most wronged athlete in history. 3 sports, 3 doping dq's, none of them deserved. Hard to beat that. If she is in fact innocent, that's quite a run of bad luck.
                          That would be my constitutionally-protected opinion as well. These posts are beginning to sound as if they are coming from a paid brand management firm, one of those outfits that try to sanitize your presence on the Internet by countering or deleting everything that the client does not like.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reputation_management

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                            Apropos of nothing... Gea Johnson is the only female I have ever called a time foul on in HJ....it was at Duke Univ , circa 1990, must have been NCAA hep...I remember her a being a rather contentious athlete...
                            Gee, lonewolf, wish we had met there. Bob Hersh was the announcer and I was his spotter up in the press box, feeding him marks, mostly field events.

Comment

Hey, if someone want to hire me as a management firm, I'll take the work. I'm just a good friend of Gea's that knows her pretty well. She agrees that she's one of the most wronged athletes in history and often asks me why everyone hates her so much. She thought that when she was exonerated that others would applaud that an injustice was rectified; instead everyone vilified her for beating the system. Just look at this forum; everyone wants to hate her, even with published evidence that explains the facts. So no surprise that the anti-doping organizations also want to hate her and find some way to make her guilty, whether she deserves it or not. So yes, she feels like bad luck (in the area of public opinion) has turned it's attention on her big time. It's sad that we live in a world of such negativity, rather than supporting hard work endeavors. I hope none of you haters innocently fall into the wrong side of a regulation, but when and if you do, you might have more compassion.

Comment

I hope none of you haters innocently fall into the wrong side of a regulation, but when and if you do, you might have more compassion.
                                I love that word haters. Reminds me of seventh graders. I've probably taught thousands of them.

I did say she may be innocent. And yes, it would represent a phenomenal amount of misfortune. I don't hate her. Good grief I've never met the woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X