Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500th Anniversary of the 95 Theses

I'm surprised I've seen no mention of this today. The proclamation changed the world.

"Here I stand; I can do no other."

Luther's proclamation at the Diet of Worms remains the most cogent response to a life properly lived. It was his final defense of the revolution he started in 1517.

It truly did change the world. Quite interesting that NPR tweeted out each of the 95 Theses, one by one, today.

Comment

Not here...but I've seen a few mentions...

Comment

iirc, he wanted shorter track meets, too. I think that was #96 on his list.

Comment

#97 was "get rid of the walks."

Comment

I read somewhere today that this marked the transition of Halloween from a religious to a secular holiday.
            Last edited by lonewolf; 11-01-2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
              I read somewhere today that this marked the transition of Halloween from a religious to a secular holiday.
              I have always found it interesting that just as Christ considered himself a Jew, did Luther consider himself a Catholic. Yet the teaching of each resulted in their followers repudiating the very thing that these men were.

Comment

best (tacky) cartoon I ever saw, from National Lampoon: "Luther nails his 95 feces to the door"

but on a serious note, I see that there is debate over whether the popular legend actually happened.

http://time.com/4997128/martin-luthe...s-controversy/

Comment

Working...
                X