Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wineturtle View Post
    To the 40 million North Americans that subscribe to a Medical Alert System (Help I've Fallen & I Can't Get Up) the distinction is important.
    I absolutely agree there is a huge difference between the two, but the distinction has blurred beyond popular differentiation.

Comment

One difference when they went to cable-based lines instead of land-based is that a gift my wife bought me about 20 years ago stopped working. This old phone weighs a ton and the ringer is about a loud as a Harley. Because of the ringer we used the phone as a decoration, so when it stopped working after we lost the landline I never looked for an adapter.

Comment

Friend, you have a real gem there. Now there should be a ringer volume control somewhere on the bottom, if not simply unscrew the cover and put a small piece of cloth over the ringer mechanism. Savor this classic piece of Americana from her golden glorious age!

Comment

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3a/2a...a49334c2be.jpg

One of these a table in the hallway to the bathroom plugged into the receptacle in the baseboard with a notepad, pencil --. .Nobody notices there are no wires going to the receptacle and everyone asks Does that really work..
          Tom Hyland:
          "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

I had one of these in my guest bedroom (in ivory) until my Seattle daughter swiped it for her law office last summer..
            replaced it with her 1960s vintage Princess phone.
            Last edited by lonewolf; 05-24-2018, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X