Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What specialty/hobby magazines have you ever gotten?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father collected stamps, specifically plate blocks. He subscribed to Linn's Stamp News, more of a newspaper. My mother worked in the historic preservation arena, wearing different hats over the years. She got Historic Preservation, kind of for work, kind of for fun.

Comment

The only magazines I remember are Farmer-Stockman and Life..and there were stacks of 1920s-30s crime and western magazines in the cellar.
      Last edited by lonewolf; 05-25-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

My first two Climbing Magazines (I saved about a dozen years' worth). And Conor, there's one our late, great climbers, John Bachar, soloing Outer Space on Cookie Cliff, Yosemite.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Oops, also forgot I get the annual American Alpine Journal by virtue of being a member of the American Alpine Club. Longer stories about notable climbs, hundreds of shorter synopses of climbs people have done, usually first ascents, around the world. I'm not climbing anymore, so I don't devour it, just thumb through it and read a little. Mostly keep up my membership because I still backpack and membership comes with rescue insurance so if in the unlikely event I or one of my kids were to break a leg 15 miles from the trailhead, the rescue would be paid for.

Comment

Reminds me I also subscribe to The Extra Miler, a group of people who aspire to set foot in every one of 3142 US county/parish/boroughs. My criteria is to photograph the courthouse.
            Only 11 of Alaska/s18 boroughs have a courthouse. I have photoed 8 of the 11. My county equivalent count stands at 3133 or 3135 counting the boroughs I have been in that do not have a courthouse.

Comment

Working...
            X