Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Clint Walker

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/o...ide-nyt-region
    I'm an American who grew up abroad. In 1956 my family came to America for a 3 month (mandatory for citizens living abroad) visit. I left with many impressions of my yet to be homeland, one was Elvis, and the other was Clint Walker on "Cheyenne." He was a he man's he man. A lousy actor but that worked well for him as he had little dialog (dialogue to me then). They kept showing him shirtless to show off his 48 inch chest I'm pretty sure the show made it to BBC TV.

I didn't think he was that bad an actor.

Love him as Samson Posey in The Dirty Dozen

Comment

I thought he looked like a discus thrower.

Comment

Nice anecdote in the Times today...

"Hollywood did not initially embrace the newcomer, although he did land a small, uncredited part in a Bowery Boys film, “Jungle Gents” (1954). He was then offered the chance to meet with Cecil B. DeMille about DeMille’s coming epic film, “The Ten Commandments.”

On his way to the studio, he recalled, he stopped to help an older woman change a tire. As Mr. Walker told the story, when he got to the meeting, DeMille said sternly, “You’re late, young man.”

Mr. Walker recalled thinking: “Uh-oh. My career is ended before it began!” He explained that he had stopped to help someone on the freeway, to which DeMille responded: “Yes, I know all about it. That was my secretary.”

Mr. Walker appears in the film as captain of the Sardinian guards."

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          I didn't think he was that bad an actor.

Love him as Samson Posey in The Dirty Dozen
          Let me rephrase: He wasn't an actor. What you saw was what he was. Many famous actors pull this off. It's their character and personality we like.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
            Let me rephrase: He wasn't an actor. What you saw was what he was. Many famous actors pull this off. It's their character and personality we like.
            I agree with that....especially when you watch the range of British actors on stage, screen and tv...

Comment

Working...
            X