Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPO in ML Baseball

https://twitter.com/espn/status/999672249203355649

I question the intelligence of these guys. MLB has the softest anti-doping regime and yet these morons still get caught. And with EPO...

Full article including admission of guilt - http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...lb-drug-policy
    Last edited by bhall; 05-24-2018, 04:28 PM.

Actually of the 4 major US professional sports, MLB has the strictest and most-punitive anti-doping policies. Far more punitive than the NFL. As to the NBA and NHL, when was the last time you heard of one of their guys getting nabbed for PEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
      Actually of the 4 major US professional sports, MLB has the strictest and most-punitive anti-doping policies. Far more punitive than the NFL.
      I think MLB suffers a bit from the same angle T&F does in that they actually catch athletes from time to time so it makes it appear as if the sport is more dirty than those who don't catch anyone.

Didn't understand the EPO usage for a MLB player.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
        Actually of the 4 major US professional sports, MLB has the strictest and most-punitive anti-doping policies. Far more punitive than the NFL. As to the NBA and NHL, when was the last time you heard of one of their guys getting nabbed for PEDs?
        I'm going with "that just makes them suck less." The baseball minor leagues have a legitimate anti-doping program.

I've wondered for a while if NBA and NHL players on national team rosters are in WADA testing pools year round. Anyone know? I'd argue that they should be.

Comment

Legging out a triple really gets you into oxygen debt.

Comment

Making the whole thing more absurd is that he's a catcher. That one big league triple he hit must have really been debilitating.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall View Post
              I'm going with "that just makes them suck less." The baseball minor leagues have a legitimate anti-doping program.

I've wondered for a while if NBA and NHL players on national team rosters are in WADA testing pools year round. Anyone know? I'd argue that they should be.
              I think they are not. I have a lot of friends who are the team docs for teams in the 4 major pro sports, and some of the ways they avoid tests would amuse you, or sadden you.

Comment

I can only imagine.

On a related note, this may be the greatest trolling of someone who has had a positive test ever - https://twitter.com/LaGrosseBoucle/s...99033069490176

Comment

Working...
                X