X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to my fellow Welshman!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill S View Post
      That quite a gift you gave Indurain there.
      My thought also.

I found myself only minimally interested in the Tour this year (at least compared to prior years for quite a while). I only recorded one stage and followed what happened on several of the Alp stages (but not so much the Pyrenees). I think that the worst decision is to put the cobbles in the Tour -- it is fundamentally not a one-day race and cobbles are a war of attrition on a single day. In general you cannot really have any One-Day Classics in a three-week Tour.

I see that there has been some discussion of dropping to six riders. Not sure if that is an attempt to diminish the advantage of very richly funded teams (i.e., Sky).

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
        My thought also.

I found myself only minimally interested in the Tour this year (at least compared to prior years for quite a while). I only recorded one stage and followed what happened on several of the Alp stages (but not so much the Pyrenees). I think that the worst decision is to put the cobbles in the Tour -- it is fundamentally not a one-day race and cobbles are a war of attrition on a single day. In general you cannot really have any One-Day Classics in a three-week Tour.

I see that there has been some discussion of dropping to six riders. Not sure if that is an attempt to diminish the advantage of very richly funded teams (i.e., Sky).
        Six on a team would be interesting.....

I enjoyed the coverage this year watching every day....I agree the cobbles were a bit much...a few sections would have been alright...

Comment

I was on vacation the first two weeks, then trying to catch up the final week so watched little, but did enjoy watching Dan Martin turn himself inside out on the final climb of the second to last mountain stage in the Pyrenees. A+ for effort (and he won the Most Combative Rider for the Tour).

Comment

I think you meant Most Aggressive Rider...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sXHq8ZSC78

Comment

Smartest thing Thomas did was not sign a contract extension with Sky before the Tour
              There are no strings on me

Comment

The official website and multiple news sites call it Combative (“Super Combative” on the official Tour site).

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                  The official website and multiple news sites call it Combative (“Super Combative” on the official Tour site).
                  The most combative rider was definitely Sky's Gianni Moscon.

Cyclist Kicked Out Of The Tour De France For Punching Opponent In The Face

Comment

I never knew that....The British Boys always call it the most aggressive....I wonder if it is a translation thing...

Comment

Probably. It is the "Most aggressive, combative, toughest, orneriest, hardest, wakes up eating glass and shitting nails" jersey.

Comment

Probably. It is the "Most aggressive, combative, toughest, orneriest, hardest, wakes up eating glass and shitting nails" jersey.
                        Actually it's the guy who wants to be on tv by himself all day to please his sponsors...

Comment

That, too.

Comment

The French is Le Prix de la combativité ....So Oui...

Comment

Working...
                            X