Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twenty years ago, I had occasion to visit/observe Venice Beach frequently.. I would not go coast to coast for the experience but worth a look-see if in the neighborhood.

Y'all must frequent a lower class WalMart than I do.. only regular folks at mine.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      Y'all must frequent a lower class WalMart than I do.. only regular folks at mine.
      No, that's the fun of Wal-Mart - you see all walks (crawls, sashays, struts) of life there!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Oh c'mon, you gotta be in LA sooner or later. It's only half an hour from USC, UCLA or the Coliseum. You don't wanna miss sumpin like this!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DJIjSyJi3...ice+Weirdo.JPG
        other than LAX, I've not been in LA since '88.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          There is a lot for sale there with a great view....not cheap though...

"LOS ANGELES — A property about to go on the market here consists of 157 acres of hilltop land in the coveted Beverly Hills 90210 ZIP code, a 10-minute drive from Rodeo Drive. With its 360-degree views, you can spot many of Los Angeles’s major landmarks in the distance, from Century City to downtown, and even — on a clear day — the Pacific Ocean. There are winding, private roads that lead to big, flat lawns the size of football fields."

The asking price? A cool $1 billion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/28/b...T.nav=top-news

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            Not for the 2005 USATF Nationals (and WChTrials) in Carson?

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
              Not for the 2005 USATF Nationals (and WChTrials) in Carson?
              Indeed, he must be being very literal about what constitutes LA, which is that entire basin, colloquially.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                No, that's the fun of Wal-Mart - you see all walks (crawls, sashays, struts) of life there!
                Lonewolf probably sees more amblers than sashayers.

Comment

Sashaying and struttin ain't in vogue here abouts....

Comment

Sashaying and struttin ain't in vogue here abouts....
                    Oh, they're there all right - that's why you have to go at 2am, when they're all in their glory. [ excellent use of there/their/they're ]

Comment

If them thar sashayers don't emerge until 0200 they will miss me.
                      How long did it take you to compose that triple there/their/they're sentence?
                      Last edited by lonewolf; 07-30-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I them thar sashayers don't emerge until 0200 they will miss me.
                        How long did it take you to compose that triple there/their/they're sentence?
                        Their loss.
                        I just wrote it, but then immediately noticed it.

Comment

At risk of reuniting the Hayward Field and chainsaw threads, this is how I imagine Conor Dary is preparing to meet Phil Knight at the new grandstand opening...

2971.jpg
                          (click to expand)

Comment

Ha! That's pretty good...

No it's done and dusted...especially the Trials coming to town....now I just have to have faith they do it right...especially having the stands on the backstretch right next to track....and covered seating....

Anyways we will soon see...I will post updates since I go by every day...

Comment

Working...
                            X