Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dennis Dodd the biggest sports journalist moron ever?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dennis Dodd the biggest sports journalist moron ever?

CBS reporter's take on Bryce Love phoning in his PAC-12 Media Day appearance.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ous-precedent/

To be clear, Love missed it because he was IN CLASS - on his way to graduating this December in pre-med.

How dare this athlete-student have his priorities so effed up?!
    Last edited by Atticus; 07-31-2018, 11:12 PM.

I don't know Dennis Dodd or his body of work, but I'm reading a lot of Swiftian satire into that piece. I think he was lampooning the self-righteousness that is college football culture.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      I don't know Dennis Dodd or his body of work, but I'm reading a lot of Swiftian satire into that piece. I think he was lampooning the self-righteousness that is college football culture.
      Good grief yes.... Especially the dig at the SEC...

Comment

The comments about Finebaum and Tebow plus the private jet should have given it away.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          I'll bet my AP Language audit approval that he was dead serious. Here's my 'evidence':

Let's just say Stanford forfeited a bit of a leverage to protest if Love doesn't win the Heisman. Five different times Cardinal players have finished second in Heisman voting since 2009.
          It's just that we thought we knew ya, Bryce. We wish we knew more.
          That is not 'satirical' (but it IS moronic).

Comment

"I'll bet my AP Language audit approval that he was dead serious."

Okey dokey...no wonder high school students can't read...

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              "I'll bet my AP Language audit approval that he was dead serious."
              Okey dokey...no wonder high school students can't read...
              It's OK, I don't teach that now. It's all Psychology and Philosophy.
              Would you like to insult me over that too?
              As both, I could tell you it reveals much more about you than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                I'll bet my AP Language audit approval that he was dead serious. Here's my 'evidence':

That is not 'satirical' (but it IS moronic).
                Your audit approval needs to be revoked

Comment

It's OK, I don't teach that now. It's all Psychology and Philosophy.
                  Would you like to insult me over that too?
                  As both, I could tell you it reveals much more about you than me.
                  Not trying to be insulting but...

There is nothing more tiresome than someone flashing a credential in an argument...but usually it's a PhD or a fancy job at Harvard...or how many books they wrote...but a high school teaching credential?....that's a new one for me....
                  Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-01-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Dodd got a lot of grief on twitter etc and I never saw a, look you goofballs that was satire response. I must admit given that, I assume he was serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                      a high school teaching credential?....that's a new one for me....
                      Hey, that's all I got and I'm kinda proud of it (I was also just being silly), but it must have really upset you - sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                        Dodd got a lot of grief on twitter etc and I never saw a, look you goofballs that was satire response. I must admit given that, I assume he was serious.
                        And if you look at some of his tweets (for which he is obviously serious) he gets called a moron a lot. Let's put it this way, Jonathan Swift was taken seriously, but that was almost 300 years ago and people were very gullible. If Dodd was trying to be satiric, he failed horribly, because of some the things he included, like what I excerpted above.

Comment

Did a little digging and found the video of Dodd discussing it.

Mr. Dary, if you still think it was satire . . . Dodd was indeed dead serious.

Comment

A... Jonathan Swift was taken seriously, but that was almost 300 years ago and people were very gullible.....
                            yes, that's why (groan) Gullible's Travels was so well received.

Comment

Did a little digging and found the video of Dodd discussing it.

Mr. Dary, if you still think it was satire . . . Dodd was indeed dead serious.
                              It is my impression also that Mr Dodd values football over academics. no kidding.

Comment

Working...
                              X