Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dennis Dodd the biggest sports journalist moron ever?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Did a little digging and found the video of Dodd discussing it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ous-precedent/

Mr. Dary, if you still think it was satire . . . Dodd was indeed dead serious.
    You didn't have to do any digging. That link appeared in the initial post that started this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
      You didn't have to do any digging. That link appeared in the initial post that started this thread.
      So what's your take? You can be the deciding vote!

Comment

If I were more sure about this, I would have weighed in earlier. On balance, I thought he was serious.

Comment

There were denigrating the Pac-12 because top players focus on academics and would do so rather than attend what is essentially a no-content media day. Mr. Dodd, Love thinks academics are more important than you (and other media colleagues). Maybe the media should have checked with the stars that they wanted on and see if the day fits. He is doing you a favor, not the reverse, despite the SEC-influenced talking head is the case (however, I think even a star athlete/student in the SEC has missed very important things for academics.

Comment

People sure get worked up over the oddest things.

Also, 26 apparently doesn't understand how conference media days work.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
              ....26 apparently doesn't understand how conference media days work.
              ooooh! I do, I do! That's the one where each of the coaches gets up and explains why his team is so much better than last year, and how they're going to surprise some people, and why they actually have a shot at the conference title. Followed by a big affirmation that he's proud to be part of the best conerence in the country.

That media day?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                ooooh! I do, I do! That's the one where each of the coaches gets up and explains why his team is so much better than last year, and how they're going to surprise some people, and why they actually have a shot at the conference title. Followed by a big affirmation that he's proud to be part of the best conerence in the country.

That media day?
                Referring more specifically to the selection of dates, etc.
                The "media" has nothing to do with what date is chosen. That is done by the Pac-12 office.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  That media day?
                  On the SEC Media Day it's fun to watch the other coaches genuflect and kiss the ring of Saban.

Comment

Working...
                  X