Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dennis Dodd the biggest sports journalist moron ever?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    ooooh! I do, I do! That's the one where each of the coaches gets up and explains why his team is so much better than last year, and how they're going to surprise some people, and why they actually have a shot at the conference title. Followed by a big affirmation that he's proud to be part of the best conerence in the country.
    That media day?
    On the SEC Media Day it's fun to watch the other coaches genuflect and kiss the ring of Saban.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    ooooh! I do, I do! That's the one where each of the coaches gets up and explains why his team is so much better than last year, and how they're going to surprise some people, and why they actually have a shot at the conference title. Followed by a big affirmation that he's proud to be part of the best conerence in the country.

That media day?
    Referring more specifically to the selection of dates, etc.
    The "media" has nothing to do with what date is chosen. That is done by the Pac-12 office.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    ....26 apparently doesn't understand how conference media days work.

That media day?

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    People sure get worked up over the oddest things.

Also, 26 apparently doesn't understand how conference media days work.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    There were denigrating the Pac-12 because top players focus on academics and would do so rather than attend what is essentially a no-content media day. Mr. Dodd, Love thinks academics are more important than you (and other media colleagues). Maybe the media should have checked with the stars that they wanted on and see if the day fits. He is doing you a favor, not the reverse, despite the SEC-influenced talking head is the case (however, I think even a star athlete/student in the SEC has missed very important things for academics.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    If I were more sure about this, I would have weighed in earlier. On balance, I thought he was serious.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    You didn't have to do any digging. That link appeared in the initial post that started this thread.
    So what's your take? You can be the deciding vote!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Did a little digging and found the video of Dodd discussing it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ous-precedent/

Mr. Dary, if you still think it was satire . . . Dodd was indeed dead serious.
    You didn't have to do any digging. That link appeared in the initial post that started this thread.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

It is my impression also that Mr Dodd values football over academics. no kidding.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    A... Jonathan Swift was taken seriously, but that was almost 300 years ago and people were very gullible.....
    yes, that's why (groan) Gullible's Travels was so well received.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by donley2 View Post
    Dodd got a lot of grief on twitter etc and I never saw a, look you goofballs that was satire response. I must admit given that, I assume he was serious.
    And if you look at some of his tweets (for which he is obviously serious) he gets called a moron a lot. Let's put it this way, Jonathan Swift was taken seriously, but that was almost 300 years ago and people were very gullible. If Dodd was trying to be satiric, he failed horribly, because of some the things he included, like what I excerpted above.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    a high school teaching credential?....that's a new one for me....
    Hey, that's all I got and I'm kinda proud of it (I was also just being silly), but it must have really upset you - sorry!

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Dodd got a lot of grief on twitter etc and I never saw a, look you goofballs that was satire response. I must admit given that, I assume he was serious.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    It's OK, I don't teach that now. It's all Psychology and Philosophy.
    Would you like to insult me over that too?
    As both, I could tell you it reveals much more about you than me.
    Not trying to be insulting but...

There is nothing more tiresome than someone flashing a credential in an argument...but usually it's a PhD or a fancy job at Harvard...or how many books they wrote...but a high school teaching credential?....that's a new one for me....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-01-2018, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X