X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "an oral history of the worst song of all time"

whodda thunk?

https://www.gq.com/story/oral-histor...ng-of-all-time

LOL!!! gh, you must really be bored. LOL!!!!

Comment

Ha! That song pales in comparison to the abysmal horrendousness of Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey", the real WOAT in pop history!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Ha! That song pales in comparison to the abysmal horrendousness of Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey", the real WOAT in pop history!
        Predating 'Honey" was "Tell Laura I Love Her", my pick for WOAT. Both were so appallingly bad that it is hard to pick a loser, and not worth the gray cells to debate the point.
        Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Originally posted by Master403 View Post
          Predating 'Honey" was "Tell Laura I Love Her", my pick for WOAT. Both were so appallingly bad that it is hard to pick a loser, and not worth the gray cells to debate the point.
          There are several worst songs of all-time links, but "We Built This City" is high on a majority of the lists, as is Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park". Here is a link to one of the most recent: The 10 Worst Songs of All Time - The Cheat Sheet

Comment

not worth the gray cells to debate the point.
            Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              as noted (probably multiple times before) I agree completely on Honey.

But I always really liked Tell Laura! Love the bassman in the background between verses (boom boom boom-boom)

Comment

When I saw "worst song ever," I clicked ready to complain that it wasn't "We Built This City." Needless to say, no complaints on their choice.

A guy that I used to work with moved to Sioux City, IA. The tourist board there decided to do a promotional video set to "We Built This City" called "We Built Sioux City." It was a disaster. I looked on the internet for it, but I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Ummm... I wonder how many of you have heard The Shaggs' "Philosophy of the World."

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato View Post
                    A guy that I used to work with moved to Sioux City, IA. The tourist board there decided to do a promotional video set to "We Built This City" called "We Built Sioux City." It was a disaster. I looked on the internet for it, but I can't seem to find it.
                    Here you go.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/we...city/81004607/

Comment

Hmmm.. I had never heard or heard of this song. I do not know the parameters for ranking worstness of songs and could not spot the defect. Is the complaint about the lyrics, most of which I could not understand, or the beat/rhythm/music/whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by br View Post
                        There are several worst songs of all-time links, but "We Built This City" is high on a majority of the lists, as is Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park". Here is a link to one of the most recent: The 10 Worst Songs of All Time - The Cheat Sheet

No Jimmy Webb song should be on any worst song list.

I actually like "We Built This City".

"Honey"? Yeah that one is tough to take.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                          "Honey"? Yeah that one is tough to take.
                          http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/04/1...ong/index.html

The Worst Song of All Time.

I sat transfixed in my car as it played, as if I were in the midst of an accident. The simpering melody, the tearjerking lyrics: God, how I hated it. And yet I couldn't change the station.

Comment

another contender: Muskrat Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                              another contender: Muskrat Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs
                              The good news is that this tune actually reached the top 100 twice. First by the group "America" and then a few years later by The Captain and Tennille.

I am a fan of America and thus find their version easier to take.

Comment

Working...
                              X