Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess some parents really DO want their kids to go to college

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/a...ating-athletic

Unbelievable how long they got away with these scams. Even more unbelievable how much money changed hands.

Sure makes the rich look.....rich.

Comment

You beat me to it as I just finished reading this story. I had heard of coaches paying recruits, boosters paying recruits, boosters paying parents but I had never heard of parents paying coaches. The corruption of college athletics has now come full circle.

Comment

Felicity Huffman?! Say it ain't so!

Comment

I'm not sure how track/xc dodged being involved in this, but glad it did
          There are no strings on me

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/holden/status/1105498458381680641

Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-12-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Isn't it an open secret that many male NCAA athletes who are walk-ons were allowed to do so omly because their parents or grandparents were major contributors to the university?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                Not a great career move.....

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  Isn't it an open secret that many male NCAA athletes who are walk-ons were allowed to do so omly because their parents or grandparents were major contributors to the university?
                  Hell, the corruption goes way beyond sports. I have friends (whom I am not very fond of) who attended a major university in southern california not in Westwood, Westchester, Pacific Palisades, Santa Barbara or San Diego. They were admitted with nothing more than C averages in HS because their father puked up around a half million for some lame project the business school was conducting.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
                    Hell, the corruption goes way beyond sports. I have relatives (whom I am not very fond of) who attended a major university in southern california not in Westwood, Westchester, Pacific Palisades, Santa Barbara or San Diego. They were admitted with nothing more than C averages in HS because their father puked up around a half million for some lame project the business school was conducting.
                    That corruption has been around for ages....Harvard especially..... this is new...

Comment

The life of an empty headed dolt .....

Ms. Giannulli is one of a number of celebrity offspring who have lived out their teenage years on social media. In the video for which she was criticized, she described how the dissolution of a romantic relationship had been particularly difficult because people would send her tweets, Instagram posts and Snapchats of her ex with other young women.

It is unclear whether Ms. Giannulli is aware of the accusations against her parents. She has not yet released a comment. Representatives for her family did not immediately reply when contacted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/s...s-scandal.html

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        That corruption has been around for ages....Harvard especially..... this is new...
                        I wouldn't call it corruption since legacy admissions are part of their stated policy, not something done under the table.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                          ....and Becky Katsopolis!!! What will Jesse think?

Comment

Negative on that for me.

I lead such a naive existence

Comment

There was a pretty good article on this scandal on Vox. In the article they quoted that the most privileged applicants, in terms of given breaks relative to their academic achievements, were 1) athletes, 2) legacies, and 3) racial minorities. They had numbers in the article, but the athletes were far ahead of legacies or minorities in terms of breaks given relative academics.

Comment

Working...
                              X