Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Lisa Fernandez once lost a Olympic game without giving up a hit or a walk. She was pitching a perfect game until we got to the tiebreak. (And the second base runner scored without a hit.)

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
      It may not be true in Division 1, but I sat in on a div. 2 or 3 game at Texas Baptist U. in Marshall, TX a few years back and they do something odd if the game goes into more than a two extra innings:
      In the next inning, for each team, the inning starts with the batter that made the last out in the prior inning perched on 2nd base. Weird.
      That is also the international softball rule I think.

Comment

Speaking of pitchers dominating the sport.

https://sports.yahoo.com/drake-softb...054109680.html

That is the reality of Drake softball pitcher Nicole Newman, who set an NCAA record Friday with her fifth perfect game of the season according to ESPN. All five perfect games have occurred since March 30.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
          It may not be true in Division 1, but I sat in on a div. 2 or 3 game at Texas Baptist U. in Marshall, TX a few years back and they do something odd if the game goes into more than a two extra innings:
          In the next inning, for each team, the inning starts with the batter that made the last out in the prior inning perched on 2nd base. Weird.
          I believe MLB has been tossing this idea around as well

Comment

Arizona and UCLA were both eliminated on Saturday, but James Madison is still alive. This is a Cinderella story everyone should enjoy.
            The Dukes have just lost the first game to Oklahoma today, and it looks like their pitching ace has been injured. So their run could end this evening.
            Alabama and FSU in the other semi, and Alabama's pitcher threw a perfect game against UCLA to get there.

Comment

Exciting series. Since I had two teams, OSU and OU, in the field I have binged on WCWS this year. I did not realize until some controversial (bad) calls last night, that they do not have instant replay for close fielding and base running incidents. I know umping is a tough job but my impression is the plate umpiring (balls and strikes) has been non-partisan but especially inept.

Comment

I left out one thing from my initial post--the announcing (on ESPN) is great, done mostly by former players & coaches who obviously KNOW the game!!
                This makes watching the game more enjoyable, especially for fans like me who are relatively new to the game!

Comment

Well, JMU's dream season is now over.

One thing I had not seen until yesterday: a ground-rule double that trickled under the outfield fence in the foul ground.
                  Last edited by TN1965; 06-07-2021, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    I left out one thing from my initial post--the announcing (on ESPN) is great, done mostly by former players & coaches who obviously KNOW the game!!
                    This makes watching the game more enjoyable, especially for fans like me who are relatively new to the game!
                    I agree, the announcers are good, all former Olympic and All-American softball players.
                    Visited with an elderly dogwalker wearing an OU shirt about the WCWS on my jog/walk tonight. Without prompting, he was grumbling about the plate umpiring.

Comment

Working...
                    X