Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opiods in your county

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Opiods in your county

    For those of you who can get into the Washington Post. Includes a map showing # of pills per person sold in that county. #1 that I can see Charleston S.C. 240+ per person per year.
    Your friendly pharmacy companies like Walgreens and CVS there to oblige.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.91cec0cb0144

  • #2
    Not sure what to make of this. Should the pharmacies refuse to fill prescriptions? Should manufacturers cut back supply and raise prices?

    I'm only interested in the doctors who prescribe and refill prescriptions for all these pills.
    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Master403 View Post
      Not sure what to make of this. Should the pharmacies refuse to fill prescriptions? Should manufacturers cut back supply and raise prices?

      I'm only interested in the doctors who prescribe and refill prescriptions for all these pills.
      Prescriptions need to be cut way back and time/dose limited. M.D.'s who have patients who need pain meds need approval and oversight, but it would require a special oversight board working 24/7. Pharmacies should question long term prescriptions. It's an addicitive medication and if it had been accepted as such in the beginning we wouldn't have had 90% of the deaths.
      Here is Florida's answer:
      http://www.fapmmed.net/State_Opioid_...ing_Policy.pdf
      Last edited by jeremyp; 07-18-2019, 07:17 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        the Louvre takes down the Sackler Family's name

        http://edition.cnn.com/style/article...cli/index.html

        Comment


        • #5
          That's good to hear...

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, completely innocent people, Sackler/Purdue Pharma, after providing a vital pain relief product at an affordable price now being scapegoated for the misdeeds and addictions of others is always good to hear.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by user4 View Post
              Yeah, completely innocent people, Sackler/Purdue Pharma
              If any of the many accusations against the company are true, this is a laughable concept.
              Last edited by NotDutra5; 07-19-2019, 04:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Sacklers as innocent is the biggest joke I've heard lately....about as innocent as El Chapo....

                The Family That Built an Empire of Pain
                The Sackler dynasty’s ruthless marketing of painkillers has generated billions of dollars—and millions of addicts.

                https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...empire-of-pain
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-19-2019, 03:47 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh, wait, you're serious about the Sacklers being "completely innocent"?

                  No. They have a lot to answer for.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A pharmaceutical company provides better drugs in a market place and informs the market of the benefits of its products. These drugs provide a remedy for debilitating pain and pain relief is vital to the advance of human life and to civilization. These drugs allow for life saving surgeries and they alleviate so much suffering that their value can not be quantified in mere dollars.

                    I am grateful for the Sacklers and their work to reduce the cost of pain relief medicines and the efficacy of pain relief. While I have never had serious need for pain relief I and family members have had surgeries of various types so I know the pain control component of surgery is essential.

                    I would never and can not fathom how a person could blame the maker of pain relief medicine for their own addictions. I doubt the addicts are the source of this fraud, rather it is the litigious blame and plunder economy of lawyering classes of scoundrels that attends the descent of every civilization.

                    There was a time in the distant past , 70 years ago when people would blame themselves for their own dissolution that accompanied their own bad habits and addictions.

                    But now, no matter how obvious ones addictions may be the result of their own slothfulness and life of leisure they never place the blame squarely on themselves and the enablers that they have sought out for their own self induced tragedies. No, instead they search for lawyers who can convince them that the deepest pocketed person, the one that is doing good for society is to blame for their tragic life.

                    I want to thank Purdue Pharma for making pain medications better and more cost effective so that surgeries can go more smoothly, so that men can go to work and be productive despite a horrible tooth ache, and countless other vital needs for pain relief medication. Thank you Purdue Pharma, thank you Sacklers!
                    Last edited by user4; 07-20-2019, 01:34 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I do not understand he "opiod" epidemic... Hell, I don't even know what opiods are. Apparently they are initially beneficial but people become addicted to them and they are detrimental in excess.
                      I agree with user4.. why is the manufacturer of a legitimate product responsible for the public's abuse of the product? People are responsible for what they put in their bodies.. and that goes for any addiction.. I doubt few are forced to use harmful products.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Do some research and get back to me about how great and innocent the Purdue Pharma folks are.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by user4 View Post
                          A pharmaceutical company provides better drugs in a market place and informs the market of the benefits of its products. These drugs provide a remedy for debilitating pain and pain relief is vital to the advance of human life and to civilization. These drugs allow for life saving surgeries and they alleviate so much suffering that their value can not be quantified in mere dollars.

                          I am grateful for the Sacklers and their work to reduce the cost of pain relief medicines and the efficacy of pain relief. While I have never had serious need for pain relief I and family members have had surgeries of various types so I know the pain control component of surgery is essential.

                          I would never and can not fathom how a person could blame the maker of pain relief medicine for their own addictions. I doubt the addicts are the source of this fraud, rather it is the litigious blame and plunder economy of lawyering classes of scoundrels that attends the descent of every civilization.

                          There was a time in the distant past , 70 years ago when people would blame themselves for their own dissolution that accompanied their own bad habits and addictions.

                          But now, no matter how obvious ones addictions may be the result of their own slothfulness and life of leisure they never place the blame squarely on themselves and the enablers that they have sought out for their own self induced tragedies. No, instead they search for lawyers who can convince them that the deepest pocketed person, the one that is doing good for society is to blame for their tragic life.

                          I want to thank Purdue Pharma for making pain medications better and more cost effective so that surgeries can go more smoothly, so that men can go to work and be productive despite a horrible tooth ache, and countless other vital needs for pain relief medication. Thank you Purdue Pharma, thank you Sacklers!
                          Many words. None of them addressing the issue.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gm View Post
                            Do some research and get back to me about how great and innocent the Purdue Pharma folks are.
                            Actually I did a great deal of research before I wrote that post, I can find absolutely no evidence that Purdue Pharma coerced anyone to buy or use it's high quality effective pain relief products. I can only find Orwellian propaganda that assumes they are evil.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              I do not understand he "opiod" epidemic... Hell, I don't even know what opiods are. Apparently they are initially beneficial but people become addicted to them and they are detrimental in excess.
                              I agree with user4.. why is the manufacturer of a legitimate product responsible for the public's abuse of the product? People are responsible for what they put in their bodies.. and that goes for any addiction.. I doubt few are forced to use harmful products.
                              This does not address exactly what you are asking, but this is all I am going to say on the subject of opioids.

                              I have spent my professional lifetime treating chronic non-cancer pain. It has become a lose-lose proposition. Physicians are criticized either for undertreatment of pain or overtreatment. Lately, it has been more of the latter. I am glad I am out of that nightmare.
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X