Transgender Athletes Dominating High School and College Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Athletes Dominating High School and College Sports

We've all heard and read about examples of transgeneder athletes making a mockery of female sports. The latest is a Montana runner being named Big Sky Conference Female Athlete of the Week. Where does it end?

https://www.montanasports.com/sports...te-of-the-week

Eastwood was discussed in several posts in the "what utter crap" thread.

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...ead.php?154952

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      We've all heard and read about examples of transgeneder athletes making a mockery of female sports. The latest is a Montana runner being named Big Sky Conference Female Athlete of the Week. Where does it end?

https://www.montanasports.com/sports...te-of-the-week
      Ladies and Gentleman
      Introducing the starting lineup for the USA women’s basketball team:

At guard let’s give a heartfelt welcome to:
      Mikaela Jordan, and
      Kobeereena Bryant

And at forward:
      Lu Belle James, and
      Denise Rodwoman

And at centre
      Shaquilla O’Neal

Comment

Will we ever see administrators “grow a pair” and ban transgenders from competing in women’s sports.

I would love to see the Pac12 do that and fight it all the way to the Supreme Court.

Or even better having DT try to make it law
        Last edited by Tuariki; 10-26-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

So far we've only seen mediocre male athletes go trans; although they quickly shoot to the top ranks among women, they don't reach a level of dominance sufficient to wake up the powers that be.

It'll probably take somebody who can blow things out of the water, like Christian Cantwell becoming Christine Cantwell and tossing the shot more than 90 feet. Or Asha Eaton scoring 8500 in the heptathlon.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
            Eastwood was discussed in several posts in the "what utter crap" thread.

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...ead.php?154952
            That's the "New Zealand weight-lifter" thread. I did look for another thread before I posted so as not to be redundant but none seemed to fit. Perhaps gh can combine them all into a single "Transgender Athletes" thread.

Comment

So far we've only seen mediocre male athletes go trans; although they quickly shoot to the top ranks among women, they don't reach a level of dominance sufficient to wake up the powers that be.
              I question whether that will work. It will have become a social issue at that point and officials get everything which goes along with that.

Comment

So far we've only seen mediocre male athletes go trans; although they quickly shoot to the top ranks among women, they don't reach a level of dominance sufficient to wake up the powers that be..
                Yeah a male dominating over females is not sufficient dominance to be noticed by authorities but a male winner among males , now that is noteworthy!

Comment

It'll probably take somebody who can blow things out of the water, like Christian Cantwell becoming Christine Cantwell and tossing the shot more than 90 feet. Or Asha Eaton scoring 8500 in the heptathlon.
                  Christine Cantosswell? Blew it where?

Oh help.
                  Last edited by trackCanuck; 10-26-2019, 01:23 AM.

Comment

I disagree. The Christian Cantwells of the world have no reason to go the transgender route since they can beat the best men in the world. Eventually there will be transgender athletes winning NCAA, USATF Jr. and New Balance Nationals titles and that will force the powers-that-be to act.

Comment

I disagree. The Christian Cantwells of the world have no reason to go the transgender route since they can beat the best men in the world.
                      Suppose Bruce Jenner won gold in 2016 instead of 1976, and decided to transition soon after and competed in the heptathlon. Easily 8000+ points.
                      Eventually there will be transgender athletes winning NCAA, USATF Jr. and New Balance Nationals titles and that will force the powers-that-be to act.
                      Winning by small margins at those levels isn't enough. They're already winning at the high school and NCAA D2 level. In order to change minds, there must be utter dominance that shocks the conscience of the viewing public and makes a mockery of the world record.
                      Last edited by 18.99s; 10-26-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

And the rest. I remember watching the late Brian Oldfield throw the women's shot well over a 100 feet screw balling around at an ITA meet in 75/76.

Comment

I disagree. The Christian Cantwells of the world have no reason to go the transgender route since they can beat the best men in the world. Eventually there will be transgender athletes winning NCAA, USATF Jr. and New Balance Nationals titles and that will force the powers-that-be to act.
                          Besides those of us on this board, who remembers the number all-time 22.54 of Christian when he could be she, and the Christine of the 110m all-time #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                            And the rest. I remember watching the late Brian Oldfield throw the women's shot well over a 100 feet screw balling around at an ITA meet in 75/76.
                            I suppose with lowered testosterone levels a Brianna Oldfield would have lost quite a bit of distance but I suspect nothing like enough to drop below the women's WR.

My guess is that while an MtF athlete may lose muscle mass they will not lose much if anything in the way of heart/lung capacity, height and limb length.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                              Brian Oldfield screw balling around? I'm shocked, shocked!

:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X