This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile....this seems more like a parody than anything real....
    At least s/he (recognizing the old and the new) sat out a year and is undergoing hormone treatment, even though I have misgivings about that since the muscle he accrued as a man is now helping her as a female.

This is like the Shot Putters who get busted for steroids, sit out for a while and come back with the added muscle mass from when they were dirty.

This is such a can'o'worms. I would hope that whatever restrictions that the IAAF eventually comes up with (we're still in a quagmire with the few events currently being targeted), that pass the LawDudes' challenges, would be adopted at all lower levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      At least s/he (recognizing the old and the new) sat out a year and is undergoing hormone treatment, even though I have misgivings about that since the muscle he accrued as a man is now helping her as a female.

This is like the Shot Putters who get busted for steroids, sit out for a while and come back with the added muscle mass from when they were dirty.

This is such a can'o'worms. I would hope that whatever restrictions that the IAAF eventually comes up with (we're still in a quagmire with the few events currently being targeted), that pass the LawDudes' challenges, would be adopted at all lower levels.
      The whole thing is ridiculous....the hormones drugs..And everything else....

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        2019 Sean Dixon-Brodie underclassman from Connecticut high school triple jumps 50’ 5 1/4”.

Fast forward to May 2020.

Sean returned to high school in Connecticut but returned....

As Connecticut state law doesn’t require female identity to be anything more than “I said I am, therefore I am”, ...
        For the record, we have zero evidence of Sean being anything but a gifted male athlete. While I appreciate the desire to paint a clear picture of the insanity created by CT HS athletic officials it is NOT appropriate or necesary to use a real HS athlete as a hypothetical case. Sean does not need this kind of attention, he is on his way to a 2020 medal in the Mens TJ category!
        user4
        Last edited by user4; 10-28-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
          While I appreciate the desire to paint a clear picture of the insanity created by CT HS athletic officials ...
          If left up to the high school athletic officials, I don't think they would have that lax rule allowing MtoF transgender to compete as girls without any medical transitioning. The rule is there because it's state law.

Comment

Any "process" based restriction (type and duration of treatment) is fundamentally flawed, because each person's body responds to hormone treatment differently. Eastwood has gone through more transformation than the D2 hurdler who won the NCAA title, but not enough to bring down her performance level on par with her former self. This suggests NCAA needs a more strict restriction that sets maximum T-level.

Comment

I wonder how long could Jenner been competitive as a transgender athlete after no longer a decathlete?

Comment

I don't think I'll ever be "enlightened" enough to buy into this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  Nor should you be.
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

You are already enlightened enough; you're just not 'woke'.
                    And speaking of which, that word started out as being ironic (snarky) and then somehow turned earnest and that's part of why we find ourselves in this predicament. If everyone's personal perspective is deemed legitimate, then we just have chaos. I get that a man can 'feel' like a woman and wants to keep pursuing all his/her bliss paths as a female, but when that path requires someone else to be pushed off theirs unfairly (athletically speaking), then I'm really sorry, but that's not acceptable.

Comment

...I get that a man can 'feel' like a woman and wants to keep pursuing all his/her bliss paths as a female, but when that path requires someone else to be pushed off theirs unfairly (athletically speaking), then I'm really sorry, but that's not acceptable.
                      Civil decent people have always known that we should be kind and caring. We treat people the way they want to be treated. If I must work daily with a male that thinks they are a female, we dont call that person "sir" we treat them as they want to be treated.

All was well for quite a while as we treated such males as females. But then the ante got uped. And it was not enough to simply treat a male as a female, you had to redefine what was female, and until we did that we were declared not-right, we were labeled as flawed and a throwback to a vicious time.

It is out of control and we need a return "normalcy", an end to this present war on nature needs to declared.

We need a very simple set of rules that define the female category. It must absolutely NOT include anything psychological or self referential. It must be a battery of biological/medical tests that establish the female gender of the athlete. There is no perfect way to do that but that does not mean it cant be done to the benefit of all.

Stop the madness.
                      user4
                      Last edited by user4; 10-29-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Vicki Huber chimes in:
                        https://www.thecollegefix.com/coach-...-ruins-sports/

Comment

The trans- people are diversifying:
                          https://babylonbee.com/news/motorcyc...cycling-record

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                            That's a pretty good analogy IMO.

Comment

If enough coaches would adopt Ms Hubers declaration to never allow one of her female runners to compete against men transgenders who "identify" as female, I believe this problem would soon be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                                That's a pretty good analogy IMO.
                                congratulations for being sucked in by an Onion-clone website

Comment

Working...
                                X