Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headline - NCAA releases statement on transgender participation

Lede: FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The NCAA Board of Governors released a statement Monday that it will not host championships in places that discriminate against transgender athletes.

https://www.4029tv.com/article/ncaa-...ation/36098939

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
      Headline - NCAA releases statement on transgender participation
      Lede: FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The NCAA Board of Governors released a statement Monday that it will not host championships in places that discriminate against transgender athletes.
      Hmm, are they going to boycott themselves? Aren't they the ones who FORCE MtF trans to undergo 'radical' hormone therapy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Hmm, are they going to boycott themselves? Aren't they the ones who FORCE MtF trans to undergo 'radical' hormone therapy?
        As I understand it, the LGBT advocacy groups (most specifically Athlete Ally) consider the following of NCAA Guidelines for Transgender Inclusion to be the cornerstone of whether an institution is sufficiently promoting equality. The problem is when states enact laws that make following the NCAA Guidelines illegal.

Comment

Headline - NCAA releases statement on transgender participation

https://www.4029tv.com/article/ncaa-...ation/36098939
          Is the NCAA going to relocate its headquarters out of Indiana?

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
            As I understand it, the LGBT advocacy groups (most specifically Athlete Ally) consider the following of NCAA Guidelines for Transgender Inclusion to be the cornerstone of whether an institution is sufficiently promoting equality.
            That's very encouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Is the NCAA going to relocate its headquarters out of Indiana?
              Or men’s basketball....

Comment

• This thread reminds me of an Emerson Lake & Palmer song - "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends"

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                  This thread reminds me of an Emerson Lake & Palmer song - "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends"
                  Sorta like these?

Transgender Athletes Dominating High School and College Sports 657 responses
                  the no-nonsense, nothing-but-the-facts-m'am C19 thread 3,572 responses
                  Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood? 2,494 responses
                  on coping with C19 lockdown 2,123 responses
                  COVID memes 962 responses
                  Tokyo Olympics ... [no foreign fans] 823 responses

Comment

• More obtuse reasoning about the issue. Like, transgender youth have a higher incidence of homelessness and poverty so transgender girls should be allowed to compete as girls.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-sports-teams/

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Sorta like these?

Transgender Athletes Dominating High School and College Sports 657 responses
                      the no-nonsense, nothing-but-the-facts-m'am C19 thread 3,572 responses
                      Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood? 2,494 responses
                      on coping with C19 lockdown 2,123 responses
                      COVID memes 962 responses
                      Tokyo Olympics ... [no foreign fans] 823 responses
                      nothing like those, all of which are constantly evolving and presenting new points of view; this thread is the same small handful of people restating the same thing over and over

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                        More obtuse reasoning about the issue. Like, transgender youth have a higher incidence of homelessness and poverty so transgender girls should be allowed to compete as girls.
                        I've seen a similar argument based on their suicide rates. We must bend or break sporting rules for people who threaten to kill themselves if we don't!

They're even trying to dismiss the athletic advantage of testosterone as if it's a meritless and speculative notion. That article made me lose all respect for Scientific American.

Comment

• I was pretty surprised by it, what seems like a social op-ed piece in Scientific American. I used to get SA years ago, have rarely looked at it more recently. The court ruling in the Connecticut case should be coming out soon per what was said when the arguments were heard.

Comment

• The Florida House has passed a Trans girl ban on competing in girls sports. There's another Rep who has suggested that the same testosterone standards used for Olympic competition be used.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...womens-sports/

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                              The Florida House has passed a Trans girl ban on competing in girls sports. There's another Rep who has suggested that the same testosterone standards used for Olympic competition be used.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...womens-sports/
                              The bill has been temporarily suspended in the Florida Senate.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2021/...ls/7228496002/

Comment

The bill has been temporarily suspended in the Florida Senate.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2021/...ls/7228496002/

The state depends heavily on organizational events bringing in tourist dollars. The mere threat of the fact that these organizations would choose to not schedule in Florida makes the bill a slippery slope for those so inclined to vote for it including the Governor.

Comment

Working...
                                X